Chapter Nine

Blaine

I depend on my friend called the bend and snap!

The bend and snap, the bend and snap, the bend and snap...

Everyone clapped and cheered as Santana and Kitty finished with the powerful riffs of "Bend and Snap" and dancing (somewhat inappropriately) around the stage.

Today Glee Club had been set in the auditorium for a bigger space. Everyone was seated together in the auditorium to watch the songs, but I was alone, almost distant from everyone else. Tina had chosen to sit next to her ex-boyfriend Mike, and that's when I knew that things just weren't right.

"Give it up for Kitty and our special guest, Santana!" Mr. Schue said as he applauded. "What made you girls choose this song from 'Legally Blonde'?"

"It's a song for bitchin' girls like us. I choose the song myself, as a fellow hot blonde," Kitty announced as she and Santana stepped down the stairs off the stage to join everyone who was watching in the auditorium seats.

"Trust me, I tried to argue the song choice, but there's no winning with this girl," Santana rolled her eyes. "I see that McKinley is in safe hands with Kitty as the new Santana," she suddenly said in a lighter tone.

"Alright..." Mr. Schue said uncofortably. "And also, a great job to Sam and Brittany, who had an, um, interesting song choice from 'Xanadu'..." he said cautiously. "Who's next?"

Suddenly I felt someone taking a seat next to me. "Kurt!" I whispered once I saw him.

"Sorry I'm late," he whispered back, putting his phone in his pocket. "What have I missed?"

"Nothing much. Just Sam and Brittany singing an awkward version of 'I'm Alive' and Kitty and Santana doing the 'Bend and Snap' around the stage for three straight minutes. How was your meetup?" I asked.

"Good," he smiled. "We just wanted to plan something really special for you guys by the end of the week. Which reminds me, are you free tonight? I wanted to make a phone call schedule over salad or something."

I glanced around the room, looking at everyone else who's attention was on Mr. Schue. Sighing, I said, "I don't think tonight is good, Kurt. Maybe it's best if we had a little space."

"But, Blaine, I can't-" his hand flew to the pocket holding his phone. "Nevermind. That's fine. We agreed that you should give your friends a little time."

I shrugged. "Maybe not even that. I have a load of homework to catch up on and my parents are having friends from work coming over for dinner tonight... Wow, I didn't realize how horrible that sounded until I said it out loud!"

Kurt chuckled. "Well, call me when your thing gets boring, if you want."

"Can I talk to you about something?" I asked.

"Sure, what is it?" he replied.

"It's Tina." My eyes darted over to her and back. "I know she isn't over me yet. She still likes me, and I want to be as nice as possible about it, but it's hard."

His eyes widened. "Tina likes you?"

"Yeah, and it's even worse because she is jealous of you! Today I accidently forgot about her, and she hates when we're together. I'm starting to think that most of my friends are thinking the same thing these days..." I said.

"Blaine..." he sighed, taking my hand below the seats and out of view. "I'm really sorry. I never meant to mess things up like this. I feel horrible for coming between you and your friends."

"It's not your fault!" I told him. "I just wish they understood what it feels like, you know? I met you on Monday, but it feels like I've known you my whole life."