The Butler Did Not Give It Away

My hearing came first, as always when I was knocked out via blunt force trauma to the head.

A groan slipped past my lips before I could stop it. A voice to my right said in a British accent, "He is waking up sir." Retreating footsteps told me he left as I opened my eyes to bright light. In an attempt to stop the burning sensation in my eyes, tried to bring my hands up to them. Only to find they were both strapped to the gurney. Batman immersed out of the shadows cast by the huge computer screens across the room. Well, not room, cave. I was in the legendary Batcave.

"What do you want?" I asked. "Let me go."

"I'm not here to hurt you."

"You're here to kill me?" I questioned playfully.

"If I wanted you dead I would have left you in that alley. It wouldn't have taken 2 more seconds for that sniper to take you out. He was a skilled apprentice. Not hired." He muttered.

I kept my eyes on him while I worked at my restraints.

"It's no use. You're not getting out of those." He said, eyeing my wrists before turning to the computer. He walked over and tapped a few buttons before turning back to me.

With a flick of his wrist a blue hologram opened to reveal a file. A well protected file at that.

"Richard John Grayson." He said. I looked up, meeting his emotionless face with one of my own. "Well, that's what it was when you were adopted."

I kept my attention to him, still working at the tight straps around my wrists.

"You were found in the circus after running away from home. John and Mary adopted you. They died 3 months ago at the hands of Tony Zucco."

"You were there." I said.

"Yes. I was there. Before the circus your papers say your mother was single, 20, victim of rape. Melissa Brown. The father died in a car crash. It all adds up except..."

I kept my face emotionless. My cover story was iffy, but not unusual for a Gotham kid. I would have never guessed that the worlds greatest detective would be going through it.

"Melissa isn't your biological mother." He said, flicking his wrist down so the hologram disappeared. He came closer.

His reaction time was quicker than expected. As soon as my wrists were free, my hands were at his throat. He countered, blocking before I got to it. I rolled out of the gurney, falling when I tried to put weight on my leg.

"Ahg-" I muttered. I twisted around and tried to trip him up but he jumped. He grabbed my shirt collar. I gripped his wrist, feeling for the pressure point.

"I'm immune to presser points so I suggest you sto-" I cut him off by kicking forward, right into his gut.

He kept a tight grip on my shirt, putting me down hard on the gurney.

"Stay. Down." He said.

There was no way I was going to be able to escape with him so close. So reluctantly, I obeyed.

"You aren't just a kid off the streets. You've been trained."

"Obviously. Either that or he's extremely lucky and an idiot. Excuse me." Said the British voice. It was coming from behind the computer screens.

"Agent A, retreat." Batman gruffed. He was still looking me down.

"With all do respect Batman sir, I don't believe you brought him here to keep secrets." It said. It was closer now.

"He's dangerous."

"I am. So how bout you let me go." I said.

His eyes shifted to mine. Then back to the screens. I had seen that look before. I knew who Batman was.

"Bruce Wayne. Let. Me. Go." I said.

----------------------------------------------
I'm Alive! Barely! I'm out of school within the next few weeks so hopefully updates will become more regular and a little less boring.
I need criticism! Tell me what you think please!

😈🤓Stay Whelmed🤓😈