Chapter One

AN: This story contains mature content and it is important that you read with a mature mindset. There are triggers and citrus. Please read at your own risk. I do NOT own Fairy Tail, the characters, or any book, song, or movie referenced within the story contents. I repeat THIS CONTAINS CITRUS AND TRIGGERS!_

-Rain pelted the ground as Team Shadow Gear rushed towards the guild house. Levy trailed behind Jet, who was barely moving from his point of view. His breathing even and not a single sign of exhaustion showed itself; unlike Droy who dredged along behind the tiny lady, breathing heavily, sweat mixing equally with rain to coat his body in moisture. Levy's lungs burned and her muscles ached as if they were tearing. At a full four foot, seven inches and barely a hundred pounds the blunette was the tiniest member of Fairy Tail, Fiore's strongest magical guild, aside from the two youngest mages, Wendy and Romeo, and the Dragon Slayers' exceeds. Her big hazel eyes usually glued to her books were wide with fear as her team hurried to the shelter of the guild under the murderous gaze of Minerva, a dark mage.

Minerva watched her prey as the little Fairies ran through the down pour, scheming new ways to make them scream in pain and terror. Ever since the damn bookworm beat her to that cursed book a couple months back, Minerva has stalked and terrorized the small woman. She would steal back the Book of Zeref, even if it meant brutally murdering the pathetic creature. As the blunette ran towards the only place she was safe, the villainous woman in the shadows threw a blast of magic at Levy's back. Smiling evilly, Minerva watched as the girl flew towards a nearby building; her team mates slid to a stop in the road crying out her name. The trio were close enough to the guild hall for the Dragon Slayers inside to pick up on the screams (thanks to their overdeveloped sense of hearing). In a matter of minutes the entirety of the Fairy Tail guild was in the road, ready to defend their friend. Minerva, however, was gone, leaving behind nothing, but a faint scent and the aftermath of her attack.-

Levy woke up screaming in her small bedroom, eyes scanning her surroundings for an unknown assailant. Her orange walls covered in bookshelves stared back, offering little comfort for her in her time of need. The usually cheerful stuffed animals looked twisted, casting terrifying shadows across the floor. A glance at her alarm clock sent a violent blast of fear through her as she quickly looked toward the door. The door was locked, but that did little to quail her fear as heavy foot steps came up the stairs. The scent of alcohol filled the air as a fist pounded on her door.

"SHUT YOUR NASTY WHORE MOUTH YOU BITCH! ONE MORE SOUND OUT OF YOU AND YOU'LL BE BLACK AND BLUE FOR A MONTH!" A gruff, slurred voice came from the other side of the door. The blunette hugged her knees to her chest and muffled her sobs as her father retreated back to the living room to drink himself back to sleep.

Derek McGarden was once Levy's hero. An ex-marine with a bachelors degree in both medicine and law, Derek had a life any man would want. His wife, Nicolette, was a musician, artist and writer with a free spirit. She was a street performer in France when they met. A deployed marine at the time, Derek was on leave and looking for fun when he happened upon the small, white haired woman playing guitar on the sidewalk outside a restaurant. The soulful melody danced through his heart and before he knew it, he was captivated by the strange girl. The couple spent an unforgettable night a hotel room, passion and need running wild. Come morning, Derek found himself once again on base with nothing more than a memory of the most beautiful woman to grace his presence eating at his mind and heart. A few months later, Derek received an emotional letter that would change his whole life. He was going to be a father. Soon after, Derek and Nicolette were married and happy, grateful for the small bundle of joy. Levy brought the couple endless days of joy and immeasurable pride as she learned to crawl, walk, and talk twice as fast as the average child. By the age of three, Levy was Derek's entire life and he was so proud of his little genius as she read her first book out loud to him while he was earning his degree in law, but that all changed on Levy's fifteenth birthday.