Chapter Nine: Meet the Kids

Levy stood at the kitchen table of her large three story home decorating a large dragon shaped cake for her son and daughter. The dragon, crouched into a prowling attack stance, was a foot and a half tall and was made entirely out of stacked layers of cake. She had wrapped a gray fondant icing over the creature and etched in tiny scales and claws. Molding the fondant, she gave the dragon a dark scowl before placing red fruit gushers under the brow to form glowing red eyes. Using white fondant she formed sharp, crooked teeth that would drip red juicy drop candy like bloody slobber. She dusted his scales with edible black glitter so they'd look shadowed and realistic. She gave him demonic wings made from fondant coated candy and home made black sugar glass. The sugar glass was nothing more then hardened, caramelized, paper thin apple slices dipped in black food coloring. She used the extra cake clumps to form a destroyed city under the dragon's wings to help prop them up coloring the fondant and adding tiny sour patch kids corpses in "chard" piles with cotton candy smoke. All dyed with edible glitters and food colors. Next she formed the wing like ears using the same technique as the wings. Then the black caramelized apple back scales were placed along the cake creature's spine.

Stepping back to admire her dragon and it's destruction, Levy turned her attention to creating the ghost like angel that would tower behind the dragon as though to symbolized that hope will stand tall against all hardships. She started with a simple cone shaped chunk of cake, molding rivers of fondant into silky layers of skirt, made to appear as if it were fluttering in the non-existent wind. Using a wooden shish kabob stick she created a connector for the head and torso of the angel. She formed a bust out of cake and fondant and a sweetheart cut top to the dress with long billowing sleeves that fell past her non-existent hands. Next she formed a heart shaped cake and fondant face in a soft peachy tone with long flowing black hair made from fondant and candy string dipped in food coloring. She gave the angel purple nerd eyes and used a small paint brush dipped in red food coloring to give her a pair of cupid's bow lips. A toothpick dipped in black food color drew on eyebrows and the finer details of her face. Adding some shading and finishing touches, Levy looked up at the clock. It was a little past three in the morning.

Yawning with a happy composure, the small blunette put the cake away and began to clean up her mess. Her twins would be up soon for school and she didn't want them to ruin the surprise. Once she had the kitchen clean, Levy showered and set about making breakfast and lunches for her family.

Gajeel came down the stared a quarter past five dressed in his work jeans and gray tee. His long black hair pulled back from his face displaying the faded headband Levy had given him on their wedding day. He was speaking softly into his cellphone so he wouldn't wake the kids. A smirk wrapped its way across his face at the sight of his beautiful wife as she cut the crust from Kerto's peanut butter, banana and honey sandwich. Her blue hair dripped as it fell to her waist.

He remembered a time before the kids changed their lives when she had worn it in short, choppy, waves that fell just past the base of her neck. The same hair cut she'd had when her mother died. The layered hack job gave the sweet bookworm a tough, edgy appearance that had originally caught his attention back when they were young. Now it lay just below her belt, even when pulled up into a high ponytail like she had it this morning.

Dressed in a pair of hip hugging, faded bell-bottom jeans that showed off her perfect and bite worthy hip bones and a skin tight black tee that fell just below her belly button, the woman before him looked more like a rebellious teen just out of her first year of college instead of the thirty one year old mother of four that she was. Her body looked every bit as perfect as it did the first time they made love and gave life to what would end up being the two amazing twins who would be fourteen years old today. Zerenity and Kerto. The yin-yang duo as wild and loving as their parents had been.