Chapter Seven

The Clearblue pregnancy test flashed an hourglass on one side of the digital screen. Levy held her breath as she waited for the results that could change her life. As the hourglass disappeared and was replaced by the result, Levy mustered up all the courage she could and glanced down at the test. Her veins turned to ice for a moment and her hand flew to her stomach. The screen read positive.

Slowly opening the bathroom door, she walked into the living room clutching the test tight in her hand.

"Lu, I need to go. I'll call you tomorrow," she said, exiting the house and walking back down the street towards Gajeel's home.

As Levy walked the streets of the town she grew up on she began to think of her unborn child's future. Who would they be? Would they be strong like their daddy or sweet like her? What would their hobbies be? Would they have black hair like Gajeel or would they have her unique blue hair? Would red eyes or earthy brown ones look up to her with curiosity and joy as the child grew and learned? Would they be a quiet bookworm like their mommy or a violent bad boy/girl like their daddy?

Deep in thought Levy wandered out of town up to the old willow tree that sat on a hill overlooking the busy streets below. Her mother used to sit under the same tree and read to her from one of her many novels as Levy wove together flower crowns from the daisies that grew under the tree. It was one of Levy's favorite places to think. When Levy turned thirteen, her father carved an open book with her name on the pages into the tree as a birthday gift.

The sun set and the stars began to twinkle as Levy sat underneath her tree singing to her unborn child.

"Hush now, mo stóirín

Close your eyes and sleep

Waltzing the waves

Diving in the deep

Stars are shining bright

The wind is on the rise

Whispering words of long lost lullabies

Oh won't you come with me

Where the moon is made of gold

And in the morning sun

We'll be sailing

Oh won't you come with me

Where the ocean meets the sky

And as the clouds roll by

We'll sing the song of the sea

I had a dream last night

And heard the sweetest sound

I saw a great white light

And dancers in the round

Castles in the sand

Cradles in the trees

Don't cry, I'll see you by and by

Oh won't you come with me

Where the moon is made of gold

And in the morning sun

We'll be sailing

Oh won't you come with me

Where the ocean meets the sky

And as the clouds roll by

We'll sing the song of the sea

Rolling

Rolling

Rolling

Rolling

Oh won't you come with me

Saving Levyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें