Day 156

✧✰✧✰✧✰✧

Tyler says your name.

"Can we talk?" He asks. Even though Josh is in the back, asleep, Tyler keeps his voice quiet.

You nod.

"It's..." he inhales. "It's about your dad. Are you...are you okay with that?"

You chew on the inside of your cheek.

"If you're not comfortable, th-that's okay. I was just-"

Taking a deep breath, you shake your head and wave your hand, motioning him to continue.

"I was thinking about how he found you," Tyler says. You can read his expression perfectly. He's furious.

"The other day I asked the guy at the front desk of your apartments, that landlord guy," he scowls.

You look down. You remember when you first bought your apartment, how the landlord was treating you like a child. "She's mute, not stupid," Tyler had said.

The corner of your lip pulls up into a tiny smirk when you remember that detail. Though you're learning to do it yourself, you still love it when Tyler stands up for you.

"He said your dad walked right in, asked for your name, and he told him your apartment number," Tyler continues. "How could he just do that? That doesn't seem very fair. Or legal-"

Tyler stops and exhales slowly.

"I'm sorry," he says, reaching over and holding your hand. "I don't usually use bad words, but your dad is a douche."

✧✰✧✰✧✰✧