Day 200

✧♡✧♡✧♡✧

"Ready Josh?"

"Ready, Tyler."

You sit on the couch, anxiously waiting for what Tyler has planned.

After coming home from the park today, Tyler said he had a surprise for you. Josh was already at Tyler's place, his drum kit set up next to the piano.

Tyler's hands shake as they hover over the keys. He looks back at you and smiles weakly. You smile back.

Taking a deep breath, Tyler turns around and plays a chord with his right hand. With his left, he plays a quiet, haunting melody.

"I know where you stand..." Tyler sings, his melancholy voice floating through the room.

The next line makes you cry, right then and there.

"...silent in the trees..."

Small tears roll down your cheeks as Tyler keeps playing. You're not sad. You're definitely not sad.

"Why won't you speak..."

Your breath hitches, and more tears come. A strange feeling overcomes you as the song continues, but you don't know exactly what.

"...where I happen to be?"

Your misty eyes focus on Tyler, and nothing else. The only person in the entire world that matters right now.

"Silent in the trees," Tyler sings. "...standing cowardly."

Josh begins drumming. The chords Tyler plays become more upbeat.

That doesn't change your feelings. It only makes them more intense. The song is so beautiful, it makes you anxious and calm at the same time.

"I can feel your breath," Tyler sings, his voice becoming louder and more emotional with every word.

"I can feel my death..."

You close your eyes and take a long, deep breath.

This song.

It makes you feel like everything is going to be okay.

Is everything going to be okay?

"I want to know you—" Tyler is almost screaming now. "I want to see, I want to say—"

Josh's drumming ceases. Tyler's hands fall off of the piano and rest at his sides.

"Hello."

You chew on your bottom lip to stop yourself from crying, but it doesn't work. Teardrops blur your vision, but you don't bother wiping them away.

You can't seem to move.

You can't talk.

The only thing you can do is listen.

Josh starts drumming again.

"I know where you stand," Tyler sings, his fingers pressing the piano keys once more. His voice sounds heavier almost. "...silent in the trees."

It sounds like he's crying.

"Why won't you speak?" He says desperately, his voice breaking. "Where I happen to be?"

He suddenly stops playing, and you wait a few silent, agonizing seconds before jumping up and running over to him.

Tyler is crying.

He stares down at his hands frozen in position above the keys. His chest rises and falls slowly.

Carefully, you sit on the piano bench next to him and gently press his fingers on the keys.

"Silent," he whispers, "in the trees..."

Tyler takes a deep breath and shakes his head.

He starts playing the piano again.

"I can feel your breath," Tyler sings, his foot tapping along with the beat of Josh's drums.

"I can feel my death..."

That feeling is back. It completely washes over you, drowning all of your senses and emotions. The strange feeling that's not happy, but not sad either.

"I want to know you..."

The feeling that's somehow anxious, yet peaceful at the same time. The feeling you get whenever you listen to Tyler's music.

"I want to say..."

Love.

Tyler hits one final chord just as Josh stops drumming, the sound echoing through the room.

Tyler looks down at his hands, still on the piano keys, then slowly looks up at you. His eyes are misty. His lips are chapped, his mouth slightly agape. For a moment, the two of you just stare at each other.

"Hello," Tyler whispers.

Then he kisses you.

And you know that everything is going to be okay.

✧♡✧♡✧♡✧