Ch. 23: "Brothers to the End"

A/N: Again, I would like to remind my beautiful readers that I have no experience in what is in this chapter, I've only been to one wedding in my entire life and I was like 6? So, keep in mind that some (if not, all) of this will be most likely be inaccurate.

For as big as the Lakeview community center is, you could have sworn the parking lot would have been a lot larger. The parking spots were quickly filling up, and it was pretty much hell trying to find one, but it was completely fine because you were over the moon excited and happy for your father.

You entered the main hall with your arm linked with Mark's, your eyes widening as you take in the decorated room.
It was beautiful.

"Woah..." You mumble, the tables were all in a row with candles sat atop of them in intricate designs and placements. Wait- was that a tree?
Mark leads you over to your assigned table, unlinking your arms so you could pull your chair out for you. You smile softly at him, mumbling a soft thanks as you straighten out your dress a bit as you sat down.

Mark takes the seat next to you, smoothing out the front of his suit and tie as he scoots his chair up closer to the table. You fold your hands together and placed them on your lap, taking the little time you had to really look at everything while people were still filing in and taking their seats.

There was a soft blue glow against the white curtains that was hung up around the room, giving off a rather calm setting and vibe. The candles made the room smell good, kinda like vanilla sugar cookies. You look up at the tree that sat upon the table next to you, noticing that there was also little mini candles hanging on the thin branches.

"Wow!" You breathe out, looking up at the ceiling. There was very small light bulbs hanging down from the ceiling, their soft glow illuminating the entire room, including the spacious dance floor. "This place is so beautiful!"

Mark chuckles, nodding his head. "I agree, it is." He says, running his hand through his hair for the umpteenth time in the last twenty minutes or so. "It's a beautiful theme, better than what I would have ever tried to come up with." He grins.

You roll your eyes, "I bet if you had the choice of making your after party decorations, you'd have it all be video game themed, wouldn't ya?" You smirk, looking over at him.
The glow of the candles softly illuminate Mark's face, making his facial features look smooth and his facial hair look a tone darker than it already was.

Even with his insanely bright firetruck red hair, he still looked handsome. Hell, you thought he looked handsome before, but he somehow got even more good-looking in the last twenty-four hours.

"Oh, absolutely!" Mark smiles at you, "I would either make it video game themed," He pauses for a second, his fingers tapping against his chin as he thinks. "OR!" He suddenly bursts out, "It would be space themed. Anything space related."

You giggle at his sudden outburst, "Shh! Loudmouth!" You smack his arm, in which Mark gasps and pouts almost instantly. "Would the Future Mrs. have any say in the wedding decorations?" You ask, glancing up as a small group of people pass your table. You narrow your eyes slightly, wondering if that was your cousin or not but you couldn't properly see in the soft glow of the lights and candles.

Mark tilts his head, stuttering a bit to answer the question. "I mean, yeah, obviously. But it has to be a compromise y'know? Like it'll be space theme and then she gets to choose the cake or visa versa." He shrugs. "I don't know, I'm not getting married anytime soon. My opinions on this matter will most likely change in a few years."

You smirk at him, "Aww, really? So you don't got a girlfriend that you're hiding from me?" You poke him teasingly, but something inside you feels suddenly off at the thought. "Huh? You keeping a girl from me, Mark?" You keep on, noticing his cheeks turning a soft pink color under the glow of the candles.