40. the one where they're (not) stayin' alive

why do you all think im gonna kill my characters smh as if i'd ever. and WARNING FOR DROWNING btw.

PFFT ALSO I WAS NO. 67 IN FANFICTION THIS MORNING??? (15.4.17!!)

-

Roman popped up next to Thomas. The others were already outside and helping to unpack all the stuff in the car. Sadly, Anxiety was back in his usual black attire, with the hoodie, jeans and all. Roman wondered briefly how he wasn't hot in that, because the sun was beating down uncomfortably.

Anxiety noticed his stare. "Get over here and help, Princey," he called irritably, waving him over.

Roman smiled and did so.

-

"Come on, Anxiety," the royal whined. "Everyone else is swimming! You'll be all alone on the shore!"

Anxiety rolled his eyes. "For the last time, I'm not swimming," he snapped. "I'm not even wearing my swimmers."

Prince considered this for a moment. And then he grinned. "Who says you need swimmers?" He grabbed Anxiety, lifting him up and carrying him into the water.

"Put me down, you fucking asshole!" Anxiety hissed, banging his fists against Roman.

He smirked. "As you wish." Prince dropped Anxiety into the lake.

When Anxiety surfaced, he was spluttering. "Why did you do that? I could've drowned," he exclaimed, crossing his arms as he glared through his sopping hair at the other.

"You're standing in knee-high water, I'm sure you would've been fine," Prince drawled. "And besides, now you don't have to worry about swimmers since you're already soaked! Swim with us!" He laughed at the scowl Anxiety wore.

"My jumper would weigh me down," he pointed out.

"Then take it off."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because it's cold."

"Now you're just making up excuses."

"Look, I don't want to fucking swim, okay? I'm not taking off my jumper because I don't have anything underneath because it's hot, alright?" Anxiety trudged through the water back to land.

"You could use my shirt, if you're so worried about it," Prince suggested nervously, trailing behind the side. "I mean, since you're soaked and all that. Maybe you could use one of the airbeds Morality brought?"

Anxiety looked like he was considering it, which was a relief. "Yeah, but isn't your shirt difficult to put on? And it isn't even really a shirt..." He began looking for the container that held the floaties.

Prince scoffed. "I have casual wear too, you know." He searched a pile of clothes nearby. "Aha!" he cried, holding up a white shirt with red sleeves and black shorts. "There you go." He proudly presented it to Anxiety.

The side snatched it and in turn, chucked a flat plastic thing at Prince. "While I'm getting changed, go and pump that up for me." Before the other could complain, he butted in. "And don't forget, this was your idea," he said smugly, before walking away to find a hidden place to get changed.

-

Prince was treading water, chatting with Morality and trying to rebuke any questions he was asked about Anxiety with a simple "shut up" when they heard it.

A scream, followed by a splash prompted everyone's heads to look towards the source. Disturbed water rippled and above it was an upside-down floatie.