Chapter Seventeen

For the next few days, Belinda spent most of the time with her twins. Even with help, taking care of twins was not a walk in the park. It took them days to get the babies to actually sleep at night instead of the morning like they loved to.

She was missing so much sleep she was beginning to feel like a zombie. Her babies were worth it though. All it took to make her day brighter was a smile from her children.

As she stood from her bed to check on the children, she held a hand against her burning forehead. Not once, she had dared look at her reflection, afraid of what her mark might look like.

Zaeley walked into the room, a big smile on her lips. "I still cannot believe the twins are two months today!" She picked up Grayson who seeemd to smile. "They're growing so fast. Before you know it, you will be chasing them around the mansion."

Belinda tried to smile with little success. "Do you have any idea when the group will return?"

"Let's hope they are able to return today," she said. "Is there something you wish to tell me?"

"Fane and I broke up."

"You did?" She thought for a moment. "That explains a lot."

A knock came before Belinda stood to open. Zeref walked in with a plate of food, obviously noting last time he was there that she had not eaten at all. Then entered Star.

Belinda wrapped her arms around herself. "What's going on?"

"You really think we haven't noticed you haven't been doing good?" Star smiled, flaunting her teeth. "You need to eat in order to make enough milk for the babies, so eat."

Belinda didn't argue; they were right.

"You have been locked in here for many days. Perhaps it is best for you to go for a walk. Don't worry about the children. We will take care of them while you are out."

Belinda shook her head. "I'm fine."

"None sense." Zaeley placed her hands on her shoulders. "Go for a walk. Alaric and Eif are waiting downstairs. It will be good for you."

"Okay."

Downstairs, she found her brother and Elif standing in front of the opened double doors. Elif was more than happy to go for a walk with her.

Belinda inhaled the relaxing fragrances of the serene forest. She turned and touched the small bump of Elif.

"I can't wait until I am an aunt."

Elif smiled. "I'm nervous about birth."

Belinda's eyes narrowed when she heard what she guessed to be the gurgling of a close by river. She stood upright and followed the sound to end up at the riverbed of a river that seemed filled with the most clearest water she had ever seen. Within it, the fish and other animals could be seen.

"Belinda!"

Belinda whirled around to be attacked by Keisha and Kassie. For a moment, Belinda stared over her friend's shoulder at Fane. When Kassie and Keisha let her go, the rest of the team came into her view. Including Grace, who wrapped an arm around Fane. Belinda looked away and inhaled, trying her best to not show how much it perturbed her to see her close to Fane.

The wolves were silent and Belinda realized they must have sensed her pain. Kassie walked to Fane and actually pushed Grace off him, smiling. She pulled him toward Belinda, glaring dangers at Grace.

"Kassie, please behave," Niko said.

"What? I did nothing." She let go of Fane when they reached Belinda and patted his shoulder. "You're welcome."