He's kind

My name is

Touko White

And I'm ill...

For as long as I can remember, I wasn't like the other kids growing up. I've always needed help...
and that's exactly what this hospital is offering me. Whether my condition is unknown or not, it doesn't change the fact that I'll most likely never leaving this place.

———

Touko was laying in her hospital bed in the comfort of the room she's always been kept in. If she can recall, some changes were happening with the staff, an alarming increase of patients suddenly spiked, a way to deal with this situation was to balance out the ratio of doctor's to assigned patients and minimise the enormous gap between them and the only way to resolve this is by increasing staff and so a flood of trained doctors had to come.
One thing led to another and that meant Touko is soon having a new doctor assigned to her. So she thought to herself.

Touko:"I wonder who my new doctor is gonna be, I hope they're nice if they're going to be around me a lot."

Just as she was talking to herself, a knock could be heard from the outside of her dimmed hospital room.

Touko:"Who is it?"

A voice unfamiliar called out.

Touya:"I'm Touya, your assigned doctor for now on, may I come in?" The tone coming from him was quiet, almost trying to sound calming.

Touko:"You may..."

The door was unlocked and the knob turned. As the door opened it revealed a man who was clearly around the same age as Touko, so young looking. He had soft brown hair with eyes to match.
Touko was surprised, she didn't expect the doc to be so, well... good looking but more so that he was in his prime youth, it kinda made her flushed, however remained and remembered to be professional, he is only doing his job and that was to look after her. None the less, she could appreciate how well he presented himself.

Touya entered and placed his binder full of medical notes next an empty chair.

Touya:"Hello Ms. White, it's a pleasure to meet you." Smiling, doing the best he could to feel welcoming.

Touko:"please, call me Touko." After all, she wasn't the biggest fan of formality, evident from her dialect, often shorting her sentences to the bare minimum if possible.

Touya:"Okay, Touko. Hope you don't mind, I'll first have to do a quick blood pressure and check your temperature."

Touko:"Fine by me."

With in a matter of minutes, Touya got everything set up and ready, as if he'd done this many times before despite him being new to the profession. First he checked her blood pressure and continued to also check her temperature.

Touya:"hmmm, blood pressure is abnormal and her temperature is higher than average..." he said to no one in particular.

Touko:"Is that all?" Not seeming surprised.

Touya:"Yep, for now. Looking at the clock, it's time for you to have your meal. I'll arrange that for you."

Touko:"Thanks..."

Touya quickly packed his equipment and existed the room.

Few seconds gone by and Touko found herself in her thoughts.