Getting better

Touko's POV

It's been 6 months since I've been assigned a new doctor, within his care, I've been getting better at a much faster rate than the institution had predicted.

That doctor... Touya was his name;

He was different compared to the others before him.
He was kind, willing to talk to me, check up on me more often...
understand me...

We would talk away through the nights and it somehow made me feel better and mentally stabled. It didn't feel like he was forced to speak to me rather than he genuinely enjoyed having conversations and jokes with me.

For the first time in my life, it all went from black and white - to beautiful, rich, vibrant colours.

I eventually stopped hearing the voices, my health started to replenish little by little, blood started to properly circulate through my body again, i wasn't so pale and weak anymore. Heck I could probably kick a football over a mountain.

I felt somewhat normal and it was all because of him in the span of a few month while it took others years, not able to achieve what he could.
I felt myself changing.

-----

A knock came through the door of my enclosed room, it opened with Touya holding a tray of medicine.

Touya:"Its time for you to take your medication, Touko..." he said with a smile, putting the tray on the table next to me, preparing the dosages, the usual.

I've always hated taking my medication and that's maybe why I never got better...
I would often right out refused or throw a tantrum when being forced.

But it was Touya who finally got me to take them, it took him a long 3 hour talk with me until I finally agreed to take medicines regularly.

He was so happy when he got through to me, I remembered his big smile so vividly that day.

Dr. Touya was very persistent in a way but in the end, he did it for my well being.

Touya:"Alright, here you go."

He handed me a tiny cup with two pills in, I swallowed them and Touya gave me a cup of water after, I repeated this cycle with the rest of the medicine I had to take until I was finally done. It didn't feel as exhausting as before.

Touko:"Thank you..." was all I said afterwards as I went to lay back on my bed and stare out the window next to me.

I didn't feel like watching TV or anything, just only to look at the window and admire the view of the sky, trees and flowers. The area was nicely kept, no litter or anything.

Touya removed the empty cups and tray away, then sat down next to me on my bed.

Touya:"You'v been staring through the window a lot lately, when was the last time you went outside?" He noticed.

Touko:"Its been years, I forgot how it was like..."

From the corner of my eyes, I could tell he was surprised.

Touya:"I see, you can't get better just being cooped up in here. Vitamin D is good for you."

Touko:"Actually... to tell you the truth... I've never experienced the outside world in a long, long time, I really want to though."