update+ a lil suprise

it's been a while since i updated ah ;0; sorry i've been going out w/ ppl and so i haven't really been able to write and i didn't have any motivation

which sucks ik

but last night i started writing it so atm i've got about 240 words down?? around that

so in the meantime, here's a writing assignment i sent to my english/la teacher!! we had to take any scene from the book we our class was reading and write an entirely new story with that scene (your own characters+ plot)

i actually like how it turned out so

may i present to you

drumroll pls

my writing assignment thatisenttomyteacherthatidon'tregretthathasgayphanit
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

------------------
(the phrases in italics are quotes from a poem that ee cummings wrote named "anyone live in a pretty how town".)

october 19th, 2009
☼ ||☽

more by more they dream their sleep.

the despised sounds of the alarm ring on his phone, bouncing off the thin walls and echoing into dan's ears, stirring him into consciousness as he groans in annoyance. he grabs the soft, wrinkled material in his fists, pulling the sheets over his head, twisting and turning to find a comfortable position. sunlight was pouring through the translucent curtains, threatening dan to open his eyes.

he had a dream last night.

of course, about phil. recently he'd been having more and more dreams, and they were all about phil. he'd dreamt of the glistening, blue irises that he'd read about in the letters. the ones that were green, blue, and yellow all at the same time.

it reminded him of the ocean.

then it hit him, the realization of the major event that would happen that day. his stomach was filled with raging butterflies that he knew he couldn't get rid of and his lips grew a ecstatic smile, dimples popping on both cheeks. the boy turned around and stopped his alarm, as his feet touched the cold floor, sending chills up his spine.
dan opened the curtains, sunlight pouring through the windows and painting strokes of de-saturated hues of yellow on the blank bedroom walls, as he squints from the bright sun.

he stares out into the busy city, watching as cars pass by, how the shades of lime, shamrock, and basil trees shift slightly in the breeze. small packs of birds that dan didn't know the names of fly in the distance, and how the sun would occasionally peek out of the clouds and the warm glow of sunlight would shine on the little roofs of the houses.

oh, how bright that sun was.

dan soon saw in the distance dark clouds approaching, indicating that rain was soon to come.
of course. london weather was always like this.

sun moon stars rain

after dan had hurrying got dressed, humming soft tunes of a familiar song as doing so, he looked out the window to see the expected drizzle of raindrops. drops of liquid were racing down his windows, darkness invading the grey town as tired clouds hang over it, blocking out any sign of sunlight, releasing raindrops of metaphorical emotion down the drain. he grabs his bag, and slings it over his shoulder, making sure to bring his keys, wallet, and phone and sets off on his journey.

dan pulls the dark sleeves of his hoodie over his wrists as rain wets his clothes, the now strong winds blowing the brunet's hair as it starts to curl into a mess. he sprints under cover, as he makes up a plan in his mind of how he would get to the train station.

he waves for a taxi as one pulls over and dan jumps in, telling the driver where his desired destination was, as he sinks into the tan seats of the car. the boy stares out the window, watching as the unexpected storm rages, knocking over trash bins and violently shaking trees.
~~~~~~~
the time on the phone held in dan's cold palm tell "2:58". dan slips the device into the pocket of his black jeans and continues to wait. two more minutes. two more minutes until the train arrives. nervousness bubbles in his chest, his body was shaking, and the butterflies were far from controllable as they fluttered up to his throat, blocking out any sound that attempt to leave his chapped lips. dan was constantly tapping his fingertips on his rosy cheeks in nervousness, checking his phone for the time, and fiddling with his hated curls.

these were the longest two minutes of his life.

and when the train finally arrived, he knew he wasn't ready. he knew that his heart and mind were not ready. the smell of the pouring rain that had now stopped filled his nostrils, as his fingertips tightened around the sleeves of the soft material. he stands up, his eyes searching for through the crowd of people that were exiting the train, desperately looking for the boy. his heart was beating so fast, and dan could already feel his chocolate pools of brown starting to prick, and a set of warm roses blooming on his cheeks as he sees a boy with raven hair styled into a fringe, that matched his. and the ocean pools of blue that he had been waiting for.

dan can see pink splash onto phil's cheeks as they make eye contact, and before dan can react, a pair of warm arms were wrapping around him, as the older boy pulled dan into a hug. he could taste the salty tears that were rolling down his flushed cheeks, as he returns the favour and puts his arms around phil. the younger boy rests his head onto his shoulder. he could feel phil's warm breath on his neck, and dan's tears are starting to wet phil's shirt as he inhales his scent of cinnamon.

no matter how different the sun is to the moon, they both light up the sky. however, the moon can't provide light on its own. the moonlight that lights up the mysterious night is reflected from the sun.

and dan knows that he's found the sun to keep his moon shining.

"hey, dan?"

"y-yes?"

"you're beautiful."

he knows that he's finally home.

sun moon stars rain

-----------------------

told ya it was gay

you can set yourself on fire

but you're never gonna burn

burn

b u r n