Shit, Wrong Bathroom, Again*

August 13th 2018

"I hate coming back to school," Kara complains as we stand at our lockers. It's the first day back at school for Junior year and my best friend, Kara, is already complaining. Nothing different there.

"I actually enjoy it," I say, grabbing my math book from my locker. Math is one of my weaker subjects, I usually get B's and the occasional C. Kara would say those are good grades.

"Yeah, I know why you like it, little miss perfect," she chuckles as we shut our lockers.

"And..." I trail off waiting for her to pick up what I mean. Being a vampire on summer break isn't easy, we burn super easily and the sun dries out our skin, a lot, also having one friend doesn't help that either.

"Oh yeah! That!" She exclaims as people look at her. Kara is loud and bouncy almost all of the time, she has her moments but she comes back.

Me, on the other hand, it's a bit different. At school and in class I prefer to stay quiet but when I'm around Kara I let loose. The more lowkey I am, the more likely it is someone won't find out I'm a vampire, as well as my family.

"Yeah," I sigh as we make our way to our first-period class. Honestly, being a vampire, it feels like everything around you moves slower, usually only the wolves can keep up.

"Oh! I also have some good news!" She said, bouncing up and down. She's probably going to tell me about her new boyfriend, she can't seem to keep one. Most would say she's a slut but in Kara's mind, high school is no time to settle down. Like I would know, never had a relationship.

"What is it?" I ask her as she continues to bounce on the balls of her feet.

"Well here he comes," she's barely controlling herself and smiling like a psychopath. This new boy will last a month max. I bet.

I turn to see Nathan and my brother, Liam, all walking this way. Nathan has always had this 'bad boy' reputation since forever, Kara used to force me to hang out with him but I tried to get away from him as soon as possible. He and I never got along, I've always had this sixth sense bad feeling about him.

Liam joined Nathans' crew when they were both in their first year, I've always had to see Nathan whether I wanted to or not, now Kara is dating him. More of a reason for Nathan Bell to force his way into my life.

"Hey baby," Nathan said, wrapping his arms around Kara.

"Evangeline," Nathan acknowledges, using my full name, I warned him about it before summer started. He used to call me 'Eve' to piss me off but one particular day, I wasn't feeling well after a really bad sunburn so I yelled at him. He's called me Evangeline ever since. I did almost attempt to murder him, but minor details.

"So...you and my best friend?" I say, motioning between them, out of all the guys, Kara had to pick the one I dislike the most. Nathan is just an overall jerk, luckily his younger sister, Chelsea, didn't get that trait. He's always had this bad vibe about him that I could never figure out, especially since it rubbed off on my brother.

"Yeah," he said with a grin, but that grin doesn't reach his eyes and feels more harsh than friendly. Kara doesn't seem to notice though as she's too busy playing with Nathans' hair, if only she could detect that he seems heavily of cigarette smoke. I could smell it before he even came up to us.

"Fine, just know if you hurt her I will personally make your life a living Hell," I grit, glaring at him. Kara and I have been friends since we were seven, I've always been the quieter one out of us two but her being my best friend has always put her in some form of danger, and Kara knows this. I protect her with my life, you never know what threats are out there, human or supernatural. She is a fragile human, and I won't have her break.