Chapter I: Civil War II and World War III

November 22, 2030 A.D.

The computer screen illuminated Konrad Riter's pale face. He stared wide-eyed and focused on the blog ratings.
    Konrad had a blogging page through a site he had made through weebly. Back then when he made it he wanted to put his opinions out there anonymously. So under a symbol that was the letter K in a fancy unique font and the name Knightmare (a play on the words "Knight" and "Nightmare") he made his blog analyzing phenomenon in the media.
    Soon he became an icon for those who were against Liberal beliefs such as abortion, actions against the Christian religion, and other outrageous things.
    Both as Konrad Riter and Knightmare he made it clear he was a Christian.
    Then after he became popular in blogging he posted videos of his talking filtered voice as audio and his K symbol as the visual.
    Now a war broke out. Civil war in the USA and other countries while World War III happened internationally.
    Its almost each country for itself. Some teamed up like Germany and France did at the start. Like USA and Russia. But Russia broke ties after the USA broke into civil war. But its not a civil war at all. Instead of two sides like the last North vs. South it's every group for themselves. Liberals target those who disagreed with them. Conservatives kill Liberals in self defense for most cases. People killing cops. Cops killing people. People burning down churches. Christians, baptist or not, defending their church and homes. Their God. Their family.
    Konrad knew the world had gone to hell. Most people who follow him also followed another leader thirteen years prior who called he and his followers "The Resistance."
    Perhaps that was what Konrad was now leading. The Resistance.
    Konrad always wanted this. To lead. No one who knew him personally never took him seriously. But the Resistance did. He was leading them for his own gain and their own too.
    Now the Resistance was rising. Survival first, order second. That's what Knightmare told his followers.

Tristan Tables raced down the street of his neighborhood with bullets flying his way and the booming gunshots ahead fired by the "Anarchists."
    Tristan slid behind a car to use it as cover. He loaded his .38 revolver and aimed it from behind the car and fired at one of the guys in the line marching down the street.
    He heard about these things. The line kills resistors while the people behind the line loot and harm those in houses all defenseless.
    The cars all have flat tires, slashed by some arrogant heathen no doubt. But with that there was no way to get his wife and daughter out quickly and safely.
    So now, he had to kill the Anarchists along with his allies in the neighborhood.
    BLAM!
    His gun spat orange fire as a bullet flew into one of the animals that were men.
    Machine gunfire erupted behind Tristan.
    He cursed loudly and pointed his gun towards it thinking it was Anarchists.
    But it wasn't.
    It was The Resistance.
    A small army bearing a symbol of an R on their arms, in the same font as the K Knightmare uses, marched up and fired at the Anarchists.
    Outmanned and outgunned the Anarchists retreated.
    Tristan put his gun in the holster under his tan trench coat and rested there, letting out a sigh of relief.
    His wife and daughter were safe.

James Cabs examined the M4 assault rifle in his hands. How did the Resistance have the funding for this and everything else they had?
    Surely not from Knightmare, despite them declaring him as the king of their cause, no one has ever seen the man.
    James shrugged it off. Who cares? He agrees with Knightmare and his policies. He's willing to fight and doe for freedom and justice. Does it really matter who funds them? No.
    James marched with his squad to Wood Hall, a small neighborhood being taken by Anarchists.
    Upon arrival he saw a men dying left and right by the Anarchist firing line. James spotted a man in a dirty trench coat shooting at the line with a .38 and he couldn't decide whether if the man was brave or stupid.
    James and his allies took aim at the line and fired. The automatic fire silenced theirs.
    James saw the man in the trench coat aim at him, then lower the gun, then resting.