Awkward...

Colby's phone call to Jon went straight to Jon's voicemail. Lindsay looked at him.

"How many times have you tried, Darling?"

"That was number six."

"Try one more time and then we leave it be." Lindsay said.

Colby tried calling one more time and this time, Jon answered.

"Hello,"

"Hey, J, it's Co-Jack."

"What's up, Man?"

"Nada. I have a question for you."

"Shoot,"

"Have you talked to Candy lately?"

"No."

"Do you think you should?"

"Yeah, it's just awkward."

"Would it help if Lindsay and I were there?"

"You'd do that?"

"Yeah we would."

"When would it be best?" Jon asked.

"We can all meet next week. Lindsay and I are off before Mania weekend."

"Will Lindsay contact Candace?"

"Yeah,"

The week went by quickly as Arlette took the twins out of the room.

"Hey, Lindsay, would Candace want me to take Aidan too?"

"I'll ask her when she gets here. She should be here in a minute or two."

"Alrighty."

Candace walked up the way with the carrier.

"Hey, Linds!"

"Hey, Baby Girl. How's my nephew?"

"He's six months old and squirmy. Jackson loves him to pieces. J.D. wants to change Aidan's name from Good to Darwin.

"Aidan Darwin." Lindsay said.

"Aidan John Darwin specifically." Candace said.

"How about having Jon meet his son first?"

"He's had chances. I just want him to either settle or get the hell out of our lives."

Lindsay sighed softly as Jon and Colby entered. Jon sat at Colby and Lindsay's table across from Candace.

"Thank you both for coming." Lindsay said.

"Thanks for being gracious enough to host this." Candace said.

"The reason we're here today is the little person in the car seat, asleep."

The group looked over at the sleeping baby.

"Now, there are problems with certain things..."

"You best believe there are problems! This male..."

Candy emphasized the word "male".

"...Has yet to even hold the child he helped create!" Candace said.

"I've been busy." Jon said.

"You sure have! You've been busy with divorcing me and marrying that bottle blonde bimbo!"

"Renee is a..."

"Homewrecking slut. She's not a whore, she's a slut. Whores get paid unless you're paying her the same way you paid me when we dated. Was I a trick? Is Aidan a trick baby? If that's how you see us, you can get the hell out of our lives!"

"Candace Rae,"

"NO! You do NOT get to preface your statement with my name. Aidan doesn't know you, for God's sake. Jon, he's six months old and he doesn't know his father."

"I'm sure he knows Jackson."

"J.D.'s been Aidan's father from day one. Jack stayed with Aidan when Aidan could've very well died."

"What do you mean 'could've died'?"

"Aidan had croup. He'd been wheezing and nearly stopped breathing. Jack called paramedics, rode to the hospital at three in the morning with him just to be there. Jack is more a father to the point of wanting to adopt Aidan. He also wants to change Aidan's name."

"Over my dead body! That's my son!"

"What have you done to make him your child? You don't send him anything. Hell, you don't even send me anything. I don't need it, really, nor do I want it. All I want is for my son to be happy."

"What have you done to let me see him, Candace?"

"Every single time I call you, I get HER. I shouldn't have to go through your slut to talk to you about our son. I've called you 117 times! Wanna see?"

Candace pulled her phone from her purse and showed everyone the screen where Jon's name appeared 117 times.

"That's the last two months. Don't tell me I don't try. Every single time I try I get her and not you. Why? Is it the fact that she's insecure and scared that I want you back? Fuck that running with scissors. I have three men in my life and that's ALL I need. I have God, Aidan and Jack. Renee can have what's left cuz I got the best part of you in Aidan. I'm straight. As for seeing Aidan, make an effort. I'm tired of trying and getting nothing but your slut. Our son is our business, not hers.  If she touches him in anyway, so help me..."

Candace's look shot daggers into Jon.

"Everything, and I mean everything, is done. If he's with you, he's your responsibility."

"I know."

"No, you don't know. If you knew, you'd step the hell up, Jon."

"I will."

"You all heard him say that! I have witnesses to this."

Lindsay looked at both of them.

"May I suggest something?"

Both look at her.

"Parenting in this business is hard. Co-parenting is harder. The two of you, J.D. and Renee have to come to understandings to make this work. Candy, Renee is in Jon's life now. She'll be in Aidan's life too because of that. Jon shouldn't choose. Jon, answer when Candy calls. Candy, call only when it's something pertaining to Aidan. Jon, you've seen first hand what infidelity did to Colby and I. Don't let it wreck your relationship with Aidan. Get to know him, he's lovable."

Jon looked down at the baby.

"For the love of God, be civil, try to even stay friendly for his sake. I've been told it takes a village to raise a child. Let's all be that village."

Jon looked at Candy.

"Could I hold him?"

"Yeah, he'd like that."

Candy lifted Aidan out of his carseat and hands him to Jon. Aidan squirms a bit before settling in Jon's arms.

"He loves me."

Candy laughs.

"He loves everyone. He's a lot like Niella." Lindsay said.

Jon smiled as Colby took a picture of the family.