Not Exactly Protocol

Darkness encloses the tree trunk and my world starts spinning quite literally. This is all for show. It's really just a straight drop to WonderFalls. The extra theatrics are to scare away intruders. The floor suddenly cuts out and I am falling downwards gracefully. I pull out my umbrella and open it, floating gracefully until my feet touch the ground. Everything is dark here until you flip on a light of some sort. Walking through the door at the end of the hall is my favorite part of every day.  Entering WonderFalls is absolutely a rush. WonderFalls is home. He is home. The door approaches nearer and grows in size as I approach. I feel my skin itching and my muscles relaxing. I push the door open and the rush hits me. I love watching this part. I look down at my hands as my joints start extending into thick, padded paws, hair growing in between each finger. I close my eyes as I feel the pinch of metamorphosis. My arms are not arms, nor my legs. As the transformation finishes, my body tingles with pure joy. I shake my fur and look around. Yep same old WonderFalls. I smile down at my paws as I feel a presence nearby. Trae? I whine a little and turn to see him there. I run to him, paws to dirt as fast as I can go. I jump on him, nuzzling him and licking his ears. Hi! He chuckles and pets my head. Hi girl. I missed you. He whispers, his voice so soft and adoring. Ready to go home?
I jump around playfully and bark a little.

For a big wolf, I could jump. 🙈

I was 6 when I discovered WonderFalls, and what I was. I was newly orphaned and had escaped from my foster home. I had nothing to lose by trying to survive by myself in the woods. And then I heard the horn and I saw the sprites. I found it quite.. Peculiar... The first time it happened. I thought I was sleep deprived or hallucinating from starvation. Aside from the disbelief, I followed what I saw. The first time that the tree let me in WonderFalls, I was terrified. My body turned hairy and I had claws. I was indeed freaking out. And then Trae, the same age as me then, found me and took me home with him. He didn't know.. He still doesn't know... He thinks... Only god knows what he thinks. And that's how it needed to stay. We walked along the road towards his cabin. He would pick up stick and wave it in front of my face. I let my tounge stick out to the side and I start panting. Want the stick girl? Want the stick? In my head I always think "Yes I want the stick yes yes yesss!!!" but i usually just jump around and bark. And then... He throws it! Jesus yes he throws it!! And I run and run and then.. I find it and bring it back to him. And he always always throws it again. Trae is my good boy because he pats my head and says My good good girl. 😊 unfortunately... I might not have written the book on being a pet wolf.. But I'm sure that lying to your master isn't exactly protocol..