two

Long Island, New York

Shay's POV

"Pass the ice cream?" Christian asked, his mouth full of chocolate chip cookies.

I licked the remaining contents off my spoon before handing him the carton.

"This is so much better than prom," he mumbled, devouring what was left of our beloved Ben & Jerry's Phish Food.

I rolled my eyes and laughed at my best friend, but he did have a decent argument.

Tonight was the night of our senior prom, but as a pair we decided against going. At one point we considered going as eachother's dates, but soon realized we would end up sitting alone at a table and going home right afterwards, since nobody would have invited us on their prom bus. As much as I would've enjoyed getting dressed up and looking pretty, Christian and I decided to rent a bunch of bad movies and bake cookies and eat gallons of ice cream on our last night as high school seniors.

So tomorrow morning, we would be the only two sober kids at graduation rehearsal- hung over from our food comas instead of mass alcohol consumption.

Holding graduation rehearsal the morning after prom is our school's pathetic attempt at preventing "afterprom" from happening, but everyone still gets their party bus to New York City and gets drunk before going to a sketchy comedy club or something of the sort. Stupid, I know.

I stuffed what had to be my 20th cookie into my mouth as the ending credits rolled for the third movie of the night. It was nearing 2 a.m. and I was so full I could barely move. I giggled as I took in Christian's desheveled appearance, which was rare for the clean cut kid. However, he crashed from his earlier sugar high and was fighting to stay awake. "I think we should call it a night," I announced.

"Agreed," he groaned, rolling over onto his side. "Goodnight, Shay."

"Night, crazy."

I curled up on the couch and wrapped myself up in the warm blanket, just enough to get cozy. As my eyelids became heavy with sleep, I felt a sudden jolt of nerves and excitement as I realized I would be graduating tomorrow. I smiled to myself as my eyelids finally fell shut and I escaped into a deep sleep - I had a big day ahead of me tomorrow.

-

Holmes Chapel, Cheshire

Harry's POV

I sat alone at the fancily decorated table, the bass booming in my chest as the flashing lights stinged my eyes, but I couldn't look away. I smiled to myself as I watched her dance - her dress hugged her perfect figure in all the right places. Her long, blonde hair hung down her back in loose ringlets, swaying back and forth as she danced to the beat. How did I get so lucky?

She was the one every guy had their eyes on; something that was bothersome in a relationship, but I made it work. She was funny, sarcastic and undeniably sexy. However, she wasn't easy... and guys were infatuated with the chase. But, she happened to chase after me. Turns out, she knew how to play her own game.

I wasn't the most popular guy in school, I mean, I played footy and all but I wasn't seen as the 'jock' that every girl was head over heels for. Didn't stop me from a good hook up every once in a while, though. But never in a million years did I expect Charlotte Collins to want me.

I heard her cheerful voice call my name as she scurried over to me. "Harry, they're gonna play the final song! Come on!" she pleaded.

"Char, you know I suck at dancing."

"You haven't left your seat at all except for when you and the boys played a few songs before!"

"You know I'm much more comfortable playing with my band than dancing," I chuckled.