•21

I know you think it ain't my place
To say how I feel
But I'm gonna say it anyway
Cause I gotta keep it real
I know you're tired of trying
To make it be
Something it's truly not
And though it kills me everyday to see you in tears
Girl it amazes me the way you put up all these years
You be tweaking trying to make it work
But you keep ending up hurt
Oh baby listen to me
You don't have to wait
I can ease your pain
You don't have to be left out in the rain
I know you're say you're fed up
Tired of trying
Whatever you need
I got it, come with me
: Come With Me by Sammie

                ~Malik~
          "Your safety is my number one concern," I told Camryn. She patted Karma's back as I carried her bags into my house. She followed me.
       "This is the kitchen. I have a chef, but you can cook whatever you heart desires whenever your heart desires it. This is the living room. I have a den. And there are plenty of bathrooms around. Just check a door. We have a huge movie room upstairs with a vast collection," I explained.
        "We?" She asked.
        "As long as you're here, it's your house too," I told her. She smiled. "This is your bedroom. I can have a nursery decorated for her if you want. It'll only take a week," I told her.
         "You don't have too. She can stay with me," she shrugged.
        "My room is down the hall, but most of the time, I'm in my office which is a door down from my room. If you need me, feel free to come as you please. I'll let you two get settled," I told her. But Karma began to cry.
         "You want me to take her with me?" I asked. She hesitated for a moment, but reluctantly handed the baby to me. I took Karma into my office with me.
          "Ahh, moh moo," she cooed slobbering over me. I smiled.
          "You're my girl. That's right. Daddy's little girl," I said before I knew it. I kissed her cheek. She smiled.
           I wonder has Camryn thought about me asking to adopt Karma. I love them both so much. If Camryn loved me back, we could just be together and move on with our lives. But I don't know how she feels. She's so confusing. One minute she's kissing me and appreciating me. The next she's distant and has her guard up. But I already know she's who I want to be with. I love her so much. Her and Karma.
         I wonder what my child with Camryn would look like. Karma began to fuss seeing I wasn't paying her any attention. I began to rock her and eyes started to droop. That's probably why she was fussy with her mom.
         Once she was knocked out on my chest, I begin to doze off as well.
-
-
-
            I struggled to open my eyes as Karma was being moved off of me. I saw her mom walking out with her. I closed my eyes to either go back to sleep or wait out my sleepiness. Then my office door opened again. I scrunched my eyes to see Camryn coming towards me.
        She leaned down and I turned to her causing her lips to crash against mine. I pulled her down on my lap and she placed her hands on the side of my face and deepening the kiss.
         The kiss was starting to get heated. I slid my tongue into her mouth. She moaned and I picked her up setting her on my desk. She placed her hands on my chest. I pulled away looking into her pretty eyes. She blushed looking down.
           Then she slid off my desk and eased out of my office. Wow. She just kissed me breathless and left me.
          I sat there for a moment just staring into space. That kiss was amazing. I want more of her. I want her. I want her kisses. I want her touch. I want her love. I want all of her.
         I stood up heading to my door. Then she pushed it open. "I didn't mean to-" She paused looking up at me. "I think we should stop courting."
         "Um. I-"
          "I'm sorry Malik. I keep leading you on, but I'm not ready to be in a relationship. I won't kiss you anymore," she whispered.
           "Camryn I love you."
           "You shouldn't. You can't. Just try to stop. I'm sorry. I should have just gave you Karma," she mumbled.
          "Camryn. What are you talking about?" I asked. Tears streamed down her face.
          "I need to sleep. Good night," she said, then moved past me.
          Needless to say, I didn't get any sleep. I was up all night in my office engrossed in work. Around six, I showered. I stayed in my room until seven watching the news. Then I decided to make breakfast and have a cup of coffee. I would need the energy for work. Camryn had today and yesterday off, so we could go over the driving thing after I got off of work.
           I rolled up my sleeves and whipped up some french toast, ham, and grits. While I was cooking, Camryn came down with Karma and fixed her a bottle.
           "Breakfast will be done shortly," I told her.
           "Okay," she replied.
           "Have you showered?" I asked.
           "She woke me up for a bottle," she shook her head.
            "When the food is done, I'll feed her while you shower," I replied.
            "Thank you," she shrugged.
            "Are you okay?" I asked finishing up the french toast.
           "I'm fine," she replied.
           "Have you been crying?" I asked her turning off the eyes on the stove.
           "No. I'm just tired. Couldn't sleep and when I did manage to doze, Karma woke up," she explained.
           "We'll go over everything when I get off of work today," I told her. She nodded. "Can I take Karma with me?"
           "You'll be busy," she replied.
           "I just don't want-"
           "We'll still be here when you get back," she replied. "You're gonna be late. I can feed her." She took Karma's plate and hers to the table.
           I wrapped my plate up and put my coffee in a disposable cup. Feels like I'm getting put out of my own house.
__
__
__
__
__
__
__
__
__
__
__
__
__
__
__
__
                    ~Camryn~
              After Karma finished her breakfast and her bottle, she went back to sleep. I could finally shower. I washed my body. It's been almost a year since Karma was conceived. I feel like they're coming after me and her. I've been seeing them a lot lately. I've seen Sumajaye, Julian, Rod, Tasty, and Day-Day called me. I don't really remember who the other guys were.
            I let the hot water burn my body. I scrubbed every inch of my body. I wanted to be cleansed of them. I feel bad imposing on Malik's life. Putting all my problems on his back. He didn't seem to mind though. He seemed to love giving me stuff without asking for anything in return. Almost like charity. Maybe I am charity.
         I turned the water off and dried myself off. I oiled my body down and dressed myself. I went into the room I'm temporarily residing in. I really need to start looking at other jobs. I love working at the diner, but I can't live off of the salary. Maybe I could still work there part-time.
           I need a computer. Malik has one in his office. I put Karma into her bassinet and rolled her down the hall to his office. His computer was already unlocked, so double tapped Google chrome. A new tab popped up, so I went to Indeed. Now that I was 18, I didn't have to work at a warehouse. By December, I'll have my high school diploma and I can start online classes.
           After doing several online applications, I browsed nearby apartments. Two complexes popped up that were convenient. I might as well give it a shot. I wrote both of the #'s down on my hand. Then I closed chrome and wheeled Karma back to the room.
              I found a piece of paper to transfer the #'s to and washed my hands. Later on, when Karma was taking her second nap, I called and set up appointments to view both available apartments.
-
-
-
                When Malik came in, I was finishing up dinner. I didn't wanna cook honestly because it's not my house, but Karma and I are hungry and it seems he doesn't believe in microwave foods. I made steak, mash potatoes, macaroni, and salad.
                "So you can actually cook?" He asked. I wiped my hands on my apron.
             "Cookie taught me," I shrugged.
            "Who's Cookie? And can you bake cookies? I have the ingredients."
            "The chef at the Orphanage and hire a baker if you want cookies," I rolled my eyes. I was not his house wife. He can bake his own cookies.
            "Where's Karma?" He asked.
            "She's laying in her bassinet," I replied.
            "I bought her a swing. Let me go get it." He went out of the door and I put the finishing touches on dinner. I fixed both of our plates and sat down at the table. He set Karma's swing up on the island and placed her in it.
          "How was your day?" He asked.
          "Nice. What about yours?" I asked. He smiled.
           "The same. I hired your personal driver. Well. He was my personal driver on a sabbatical. Anyways I sent him your work schedule and address. He'll be here to pick you up every day exactly an hour before your shift starts. It's up to you what time you leave. Let him know if you decided not to go. And the diner is about a 15 minute drive from here. I will take care of Karma's daycare arrangements, if that is alright with you."
          "I can do it," I shrugged.
          "Okay," he nodded. "But why?"
          "I don't wanna become too dependent on you. That's all," I smiled. He stared at me.
           "I understand," he finally said.
          "How's your food?" I asked changing the subject.
           "Great. Best cooking I tasted," he lied. He hadn't even put anything in his mouth. "Karma is actually about to start working soon."
           "Oh right. Well I guess you could handle her when starts. Until then I got it."
         "Camryn. Am I missing something?"
         "A good dinner," I replied shoving a forkful of macaroni in my mouth.

Dope_Ahh_Cam