Chapter 3. The Big Day -Part 2

The three of us walked down together, Adrian and Draco on either sides of me. Most of the people were dressed in black and I wondered if there was some kind of theme which I hadn't been told. While walking downstairs, Adrian nudged me to say,

"Hay, why haven't we gone abroad for your birthday this time."

"I asked my mom the exact same thing. She said that some guests had to come for some meeting here and it was necessary for me to meet them. She didn't mention why", said I.

"I recognise some people here", Draco said from beside me.

As we entered the room, I was greeted by my friend Sophia Rosier who hugged and wished me. She was the only friend I had who lived in my city.

"You look beautiful, Hay!"

"Thanks, you too."

Soon my mother came and took me away from my friends to meet the guests. Even though I didn't like the people, I made sure I had a fake smile on my face. The last one to meet was an old man, a very old man. He had long white hair and long white beard and an energetic smile on his face. He was the only one who I gave a genuine smile to.

"Happy Birthday Hayley", he said with his smile growing.

"Thank you", I replied enthusiastically.

My mother and I sat on the couch and were soon joined by my father.

"So Hayley, do you know who I am?" Asked the man. I shook my head.

"I am Albus Dumbleldore, the headmaster of Hogwarts."

"Oh yes! I've heard about you. My parents studied at Hogwarts and that's where Adrian and Draco will go this year. They've got their letters from Hogwarts. Since I'm going to Ilvermorny, I'm expecting my letter within this month now that I'm of age."

"You won't be going to Ilvermorny, dear", said my mother softly.

"What, why? But you said", then I stopped and said,"....am I not a witch?" I asked, tensed.

"Of course you are. But you'd be going to Hogwarts instead", said Albus Dumbleldore. Then he handed me a letter. It had the Hogwarts emblem on it. The letter was exactly like Adrian and Draco's.

"I'm going to Hogwarts?"

From the time I got to know I was a witch, everyone around me told I was to go to Ilvermorny. But now being able to go to the same school as my best friend was like a dream come true. I looked at my parents who had scared smiles on their faces. They nodded slightly as a reply.

"I don't mind going to Hogwarts but I had thought that Adrian and I could share letters about our different schools like we've been sharing about our countries. But now we'll be together. What could be better!" I started to jump while speaking. My parents and Dumbleldore, all smiled at me.

I ran towards Adrian to tell him about this. When I saw him, I hopped right in front of him and started jumping again.

"Woah! What are you going crazy about?"

"We can be together", I practically screamed causing a few people to look at us oddly.

"What? Are we getting betrothed?" He joked.

"Very funny". I slammed the letter on his chest playfully. He took the letter and his confused expression changed within a second.

"You're going to Hogwarts too!" He said excitedly and soon he started to jump with me.

***

All the guests had left within four hours, which meant that only the Malfoys, my parents and I were home. We were talking about me going to Hogwarts. We decided on leaving America for good to live in London. Since we already had an estate there, right beside the Malfoy Manor, it wasn't much of a problem. Also, because my parents would take at least a month to shift, I was told to live with the Malfoys for the time being and we would leave after about five days. After the discussion was over, we kids were told to go to bed but our parents stayed in the parlour.

While on our way to our bedrooms, Adrian said to me, "I can't wait for you to come home. It's gonna be so much fun!" He squealed in excitement.

We said our goodbyes and went in different directions towards our bedrooms.