Adorn by Miguel

Anthony

Tonight was date night and I was excited to say the least. I was going to take Katherine to Chicago cut then a concert in grant park. I pull on black slacks and a light pink shirt to go with it. After spraying on some cologne I pick up the prettiest bouquet of flowers I could find and head to the address she texted me. I arrive at the loft apartment but become very confused. This was the place where the big timers live. There was only four apartments in the building and she was on the fourth floor. She lived here... by herself?

I collect myself the best I can then knock on the huge door before I made sure I looked good. The door opens and I nearly stumble backwards into the hallway. Katherine stood on the other side of the door looking as beautiful as ever. She had on a simple black dress with a open back and a deep v cut. It stopped just above her knees and she had on black heels. For the first time since I've met her her hair wasn't in a pony tail. It was down and curled and so beautiful... everything about her was beautiful.

"Holy.. woah" I gasp.

"I couldn't even tell you the last time I've been on a date. I hope this isn't too much" she says looking down.

"No, you look perfect" I assure her and she smiles. I hand her the flowers and she invites me into her place. I look around and nearly shit myself.

"This place is huge" I gasp.

The kitchen was open under the second floor complete with a island an everything. She had a large piano with a picture on it in front of the floor to ceiling windows overlooking the whole entire city. The hardwood floor was accented by black furniture throughout the living area. There was stairs against the far wall leading up the second floor and honestly I was a little shocked and very impressed. Everything was open so you could see everything, it was amazing.

"It gives me space to make ideas" she shrugs. I look to the piano and see a picture of her with a little bald girl.

"Who is that" I ask and her face drops. I probably shouldn't have asked that.

"How about we get through this date and if you do good I'll tell you everything your need to know" she says and I nod.

"Deal" I agree. We head out to dinner and sit roof top enjoying this beautiful weather. We start playing twenty questions and it gets really silly really fast.

"What's one thing you regret from high school" I ask and she ponders my question.

"One time in PE I walked into the boys locker room and had no clue I was in there. I started undressing until I realized that everything was backwards because I was on the opposite side of the gym. And a smart girl would know to put her cloths back on before running over to the girls locker room right? Wrong... I grab my cloths and dart across the room and I can still hear the people yelling "what the hell are you doing". Thankfully I was only in high school for three years because the sooner I left that place the better" she laughs.

"Okay, that's pretty good" I chuckle.

"Now it's my turn. Ummm, have you ever tried that myth that if you pee on your hands you'll bat better" she asks.

"Actually yes. And to answer your next question, no. It didn't work and it was just nasty" I laugh and she snorts from laughing so hard. She quickly covers her mouth but I thought it was kind of cute. We spend all of dinner asking the hard hitting questions and I feel myself falling for her. I'm only 22 but I know things. I know I have feeling for her and I know they're growing by the second. The few weeks I've know her have been special. She's been special. There's no denying that. But every time I look across the table I notice something that makes me more and more attracted to her. Whether it be the way the right side of her mouth pulls tighter than the left when she giggles or that she plays with her hair when I compliment her. It's all so... addicting.

After dinner we go to the park and find seats for the concert. It was a local cover band but I heard they were pretty good. I lace my fingers through hers and she smiles up at me. I kiss the back of her incredibly soft hands and she lets out a giggle. The band starts and they begin strumming some chords.

"Oh I love this song" she says and I look at her weirdly.

"How could you possibly know what this song is already" I ask.

"I told you, I love music" she shrugs. I guess so. We listen as they start  to sing and she hums along.

"These lips can't wait to taste your skin, baby,
And these eyes, yeah, can't wait to see your grin, ooh ooh baby
Just let my love
Just let my love adorn you."

I watch her as she lets the music sink in. I move the arm rest and scoot her closer to me as she smiles up at me. I unlace my fingers from hers and wrap my arm around her securing her to my side. She leans into me and I loved how great that felt. The singer soulfully continues to sing and I have to admit that I really liked this song.

"Baby these fists will always protect ya, lady
And this mind, oh, will never neglect you, yeah,
And they stay trying to break us down but don't let that affect us, no, baby
You just gotta let my love
Let my love
Let my love adorn you
Ah, le-le-le-let it just adorn you."

She looks up to me with those crazy blue eyes and I swear I saw a sparkle. You can see all the stars in them if you looked hard enough, they looked fake. I look from her eyes to her lips back to her eyes as my heart rate picks up. I hope she can't feel my armpit sweat as she sat under it. I absent mindedly start to play with her hair to try to rid my nerves but the feeling of her hair in my hand made it all the bit worse. This time I wasn't going to chicken out. This time I was going to make sure she knew how I felt and hope she felt the same. I close my eyes and she meets me half way letting me know she wanted the same thing I did. Her lips tasted like cherry chapstick and her wonderful perfume fills my head. I slip my fingers through the hair in the back of her head and bring her closer to me. She softly caresses my jawline sending my head into a tizzy and it took everything in me not to rip my cloths off right there. Her lips move aggressively with mine as we both gasp for air but neither of us wanting to break apart. This is the best I've felt in a very very long time and I couldn't get enough. Eventually I back away but she lightly grabs my bottom lip with her teeth. That was enough to drive me off the edge.

"You... are... so..." I say slowly. I had lost all words. I look at her slightly redder lips as they form into a smile and I couldn't help but want everything with this woman. I wanted it all.

"I don't think I'm supposed to do it this way but after that I don't really care. Will you be my girlfriend" I ask and she laughs.

"Yes" she says and I was taken aback. That seemed really easy.

"Seriously" I asks and she nods her pretty little head.

"So I can introduce you as my girlfriend tell my mom that yes I didn't find a girl and she's the greatest girl in the world" I tease.

"Uh huh" she giggles.

"And I can scream to the world they you're mine and all mine. And I'm yours and all yours" I ask.

"If that's what you want" she smiles. I stand on my seat and she hides her face in her hands. I wobble a little big find my balance as I yell out to the world.

"THIS BEAUTIFUL AMAZING KIND HEARTED YOUNG LADY AGREED TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND" I yell and some people clapped while others yelled at me. We were at a concert after all. I sit back down and she hides her face in my chest.

"Hey Kathrine" I say.

"What" she mumbles into my shirt.

"You're the best girlfriend ever" I say and she laughs into my chest. This... was going to be great.