End of Time by Beyonce

Katherine

I decide to celebrate my 25th birthday like every twenty-five year old wants to... at home with my family. I had the day off and for once I wasn't upset about it. I happily took the hospital up on that offer and got a good nights sleep. Between the baby and the job I've under appreciated what a good nights of sleep could do for you. But this fine morning I woke up at a ripe time of 9 am with a smile on my face. I roll over and see my baby girl laying next to me. She was looking up to me with the biggest blue eyes and I couldn't help but kiss her nose.

"Now how did you end up in bed with mommy and daddy" I giggle. I sit up and see that Anthony wasn't actually in bed, it was just Abby and I, weird. I pick her up and read her shirt before laughing.

"Party pooper" I read out loud and shake my head. Typical Anthony. I put her on my chest as we just lay in bed. I wasn't sure what was supposed to happen here but I was going to chill for a little. Eventually Anthony comes in and frowns when he sees us sitting there.

"Damn, I was hoping you were still sleeping" he admits.

"Wow, am I that bad" I joke and a smile comes on his face.

"No, I'd much rather be with you when you're awake. But I was going to put a hat on her and cover the bed in confetti" he claims.

"Well I appreciate it" I say pulling him down so I can kiss him. I break away but he pulls me right back causing me to smile.

"Happy birthday goofball" he laughs.

"Thanks you" I reply. He takes the baby and I take a shower while she got fed and changed. I get out and smile when I see the outfit he had laid out for me. It was a bears hoodie and his sweatpants I always steal. Such a great fiancé he is, he knows me so well. I happily slip the clothes on and go out to the kitchen. There I find my child covered in formula and a frustrated looking Anthony sitting in front of her.

"Someone won't eat" he grumbles.

"Remember Anthony, the food goes in her mouth" I tease and he shoots me a playful glare. I pick Abby up and set her in my arms. I rest her head in my hand and position her so she's facing me still sitting up a little. I lightly massage her head with my hand and take the bottle from Anthony with my other one. She opens her mouth and slowly eats the food as she just stares at me.

"How the hell..." he trails off.

"I do this with the babies in the nursery. When she's this young and doesn't have a set schedule yet it's hard. It's easier to relax the baby and give positive stimuli to eating" I explain.

"So you're cheating" he claims making me laugh.

"Yup, that's exactly what I'm doing" I laugh.

I sit on the couch watching tv as Anthony puts Abby down for a nap. Eventually he joins me with the brightest smile on his face. He places a small box on my lap without a word and I look up to him questionably.

"Happy birthday" he exclaims and I shake my head.

"You already said that" I remind him.

"I know. But I haven't given you your birthday present yet" he says pointing to the box in my lap. After messing with him a little more I open it and pull out the prettiest necklace.

"I know you have to take your ring off for work and you're worried about losing it, so you can put it in here for safe keeping" he explains.

"Anthony that's so thoughtful, thanks" I say giving him a kiss. I'm actually really thankful he got me this because I get anxious every time I have to put gloves on and put my ring down. I would be the one to lose it.