The First Month

It's been one month since I have moved, and to my surprise. I'm actually popular for once. My mom is trying to get me to go to church tomorrows . I had only said no because I don't do good with churches. Although that is where Seth and I met. "Em, C'mon breakfast is ready!" Says mom " Whatever mom! Hold on.. I'm coming!" " And leave. MYour. Phone. Upstairs!" Mom says.
*7 Missed Calls From Seth💍*
"Mom, my ringtone for Seth just went off...." ".....Whatever. Fine. Go get your phone but today is FAMILY day!"  Says mom.   
        ~Seth and Emma's Conversation~
SETH: Emma...  Are you okay? Bc you always answer my calls.
EMMA: I mean ig I'm ok. My mom is just being rude and won't let me have my phone
SETH: I mean technically that's just what moms do when they wanna spend time with their kids.
EMMA: Welp, I just need to see you and hear your voice but rn my mom doesn't know I have my phone.
SETH: Than call me later. I love you💍
EMMA: Ok. Love you too💕

"Ok mom I'm done for now." I say. Not thinking anything is wrong, my mom is balling her eyes out. "Mom are you ok?!?!?" I say. "No Emma, I'm not ok. I miss your father, and seeing you and Seth so strong, just makes me miss him even more, " There's a moment of silence. Mom looks like she knows the words but can't say them because I'm her child.  "And with you having to go to the doctors-" I cut her off.  "Uhhhh.... mom what do you mean I have to go to the doctors? I was just there the other day.... I'm healthy. And if anything were wrong, you would tell. I'm just sad. Seth and I can't be as close as before. And if it weren't for you chasing dad away we wouldn't be in this place," I say. "Well Emma, the other day you got your head checked for a tumor because of all of those headaches. Tomorrow is your physical and you're gonna have to be strong." Mom keeps explaining. "And I didn't chase your dad away. He was threatening to hurt you and I when we would fight. He would chase me and I had told him to give up. Him and I just had to get our problems fixed before we let you find out."