S.E.V.E.N.

ACE (Jeff X Reader) ~The Death Card 

                                                             (ʘᗩʘ')

The girl coughed, closed here eyes, preventing them from the smoke that was making her tears water. She wheezed and fanned the dust away until eventually, it cleared away. Instead of the same cold room the girl was imprisoned in, she was standing in a white, empty, blankless room. Dumbstruck, the girl looked around her, and began walking a few steps.

"1.." She counted.

"2.."

"3.."

Eventually she counted her steps until she crashed into a wall.

"4.."

"5.."

"6.."

"Seve- BONK!" The girl hit her head on the hard wall.

She jerked back and clutched her head in pain, standing still for a few moments, easing the pain away before glancing up again. 

"Hello?" She called out.

She remembered the monochrome clown that teleported her here. Immediately, she thought of his name. She recalled the moment when Jeff introduced the clown to her. 

"This is LJ, Jack, or Mr. Creepy Clown.." 

The girl opened her eyes and suddenly yelled out across the white room, "LJ!" Her voice seemed to echo through the hollow room and bounce back, like in a cave. A few moments, she waited for a few moments, before a cloud of the same smoke appeared, slowly creeping towards her. "LJ?" She called out uncertainly.

"Hello, Y/N.." It's voice seem to creep near her ear as she shivered. As the smoke slowly disappeared, she could see LJ floating above her, near her ear, smiling, showing her his white sharp teeth that were glistening. The girl narrowed her eyes in confusion. "What ARE you?" She asked.

First, he had appeared in smoke, had extremely sharp pointy teeth, could teleport, and was now floating above her. She waited for a response from the floating clown before it seemed to chuckle out a laugh and slowly levitate back down to the ground. He tilted his head in a slight cute way, like a kid. She thought. 

"My dear, Y/N.." He prompted. "I," He introduced. "Am witness."

"What?" The girl asked in confusion. 

The clown giggled in an insane tone. He clapped his hands giddly at the confused girl and continued. "Nevermind that! We'll have some real fun, by playing Jeff's games I've prepared for you!"

The girl shuddered at the word, "fun." Whatever 'fun' the clown or Jeff meant, she knew it wasn't the typical fun other kids had in mind. 

"1st task." The clown began. "Is a maze." He continued, locking his gaze with the girl's as his tone slowly began more serious. "You'll have a limit of time though." The clown informed. "This, is an hourglass." He said, holding out an empty hand.

The girl stared at it in confusion. "But, it isn't there." The girl informed the clown. The clown chuckled and shook his head. "Look closely, my dear." The clown beckoned the girl with his hand.

The girl was uncertain but she was reluctant to get back to Jeff. She slowly walked towards the clown's arm and stared at it, waiting for something to come up. Eventually it did. A puff of smoke appeared out of the clown's hand and went straight up her eyes and nose. She coughed and fanned the smoke away from her nose and blinked her eyes.

She looked back at the clown, who was smirking at her. She then looked down at his once open hand, that was now holding a standing tiny hourglass, shining with white sand. "If I just merely tip this over," The clown explained, rocking the hourglass back and forth with his index finger and his thumb. "Then the time of your life, will be on the line. Your time limit will be.." The clown paused and thought, tapping his other hand with his finger. 

"Hey, Jeff!" The clown yelled out to no one. "What do you think?" The girl thought the clown must be bonkers in the head, but then soon a voice replied to the clown. "Ask the girl." The girl immediately felt the weight of the world being carried on her shoulders. If she had not chosen the time right, she would lose a life, or be killed by the hands of Jeff, or the clown.

The girl collected her thoughts. She knew games were never really her thing, but she had to try. She had that big brain of hers. She thought. All she had to do, was use it properly. She pushed her thoughts aside and opened her eyes, dermination glimmering in her eyes which seem to have caught the clown's eyes before he quickly glanced away. 

"An hour should be enough." She declared, exposing her voice out loud. 

"Very well," The voice of Jeff called out to her. "LJ," Jeff continued. "Hand her the watch." 

The clown obeyed, walking over to the girl and slowly unclapsing his fist, revealing a tiny leathered wrist watch. She took the watch, murmured a 'thank you,' to the clown and slipped the watch on. Immediately, the watch started ticking as she slipped the watch onto her wrist. 

"Watch the time." Jeff's voice boomed into the hollow room. "Either die or survive. Oh, but I do wish you would survive.." Jeff's voice lowered into a whisper. "May the best of luck go with you. You may begin. LJ, tell her the rules and instructions." Jeff told the clown, his voice seeming oddly fading away.

The girl turned to face the clown again. "You've done a maze before right?" He asked. The girl nodded in response. "Well, you already know the rules anyway. Jeff mentioned that there would be bonus lives, so keep a head up for that tip." He explained. The girl nodded again. She noticed that the clown was a bit uncomfortable but she said nothing.

"C'mon. Say something, the game is about to start anyway," The clown said. The girl blinked her eyes in surprise but she didn't dare deny the clown. "If you are witness," the girl began. "I am the savior." She finished. She looked back up at the clown, who was blinking his eyes, a glimmer of amusement that gleamed in his piercing eyes, but soon vanished in a heartbeat.

"Well, thank you." The clown nodded. "The game's starting. Better prepare yourself. Good luck," The clown murmured. 

The girl nodded, giving her approval and took a deep breath before glancing straight ahead of her. At first, she saw the same blank empty room but then a small box slowly formed, growing taller and taller until it reached the ceiling. Another box appeared, and then another. The girl lost count, but all she could see now, were tiny boxes, growing into big columns, creating the maze.

The girl thought of how she would plan the strategy quickly. An hour was very long, though very short. She glanced at the tiny watch at her wrist which began slowly ticking further and further, as if it was a tiny ticking bomb. Suddenly she glanced back ahead of her and saw the growing boxes that had stopped, finishing the maze, along with the blocked entrance. 

She stepped towards the blocked entrance and slowly placed a hand on it's surface. As if by magic, the wall slowly began collapsing, making the girl step back, dust surrounding her. She fanned the dust away and opened her eyes. 

The first thing she saw were endless rows of columns, twists, and a shiny glimmer which the girl thought must've been a bonus point for an extra life. Suddenly she could hear Jeff's voice whispering into her ear. "Be the savior, Y/N.. Help me be free.." The voice slowly faded away. 

A gunshot could be heard, signalling that the girl could begin the maze. She didn't know where to begin, but she darted headfirst forward into the maze. Whatever happens, she thought. I have to win this game. Without noticing, the girl sprinted forward until she disappeared behind a corner, though at the entrance, the same box was forming again, growing bigger and thicker as it covered the entrance, blocking the girl's exit out of the maze.