4

Welcome to our new kind of tension, all across the alien nation. Where everything isn't meant to be okay...
Green Day - American Idiot

I woke up this morning feeling a lot better about today. Usually I can't bring myself to get out of bed, not today, today I felt great for once.

The sounds of Green Day's American Idiot filled my ears, as got ready for a possibly eventful day ahead.

"Maddie could you turn that down a bit please?" I heard my mom shout from the other side of the door.

Really? She moans when I'm quiet she moans when it's too loud... I can't win...

"Well I say turn it up!" The door opened and guess who walked in and sat on my bed. "Have you ever heard of knocking?"

"I live here... I do what I want..." I just roll my eyes and carry on tying my tie."I'm glad you're in a better mood today."

"Me too..." I nod back in agreement. "And I bet you can't wait to see Blake."

"What?" I turned and looked at him and he was sat there smirking. "You totally have a crush on him."

"I do not!"

"Oh really?"

"Yes really... So shut up." I frowned back, turning away from him. "Yeah okay... I believe you..."

I didn't say anything back to give him the benefit of the doubt.

*

So I had to follow Levi again today... but I wasn't complaining.

It was second lesson and it was English.

"Romeo and Juliet... A Shakespearean tragedian classic... What you may not know is that it wasn't written by Shakespeare. He actually took the idea from an Italian poem The Tragical History of Romeus and Juilet by Arthur Brooke. Obviously he adapted it into the play it is today, and added other characters such as Romeo's best friend Mercutio and Paris." Miss carried on talking and I just completely zoned out.

So English turned into a History lesson instead...

"So what I'm going to do is to put you in groups of 6 and you can do a read through... Group one we'll have Levi, Brooklyn, Zoe, Maddison, Blake and Matthew. You can work in the small room..."

I got up and followed Levi into this so called 'small room' and the others followed behind. It was basically some room with a table a few chairs and filing cabinet or two scattered around.

"This is stupid..." Matthew, I'm assuming, frowned pushing the book away from him. "Yeah... I mean we've gotta work with this lot." Zoe muttered.

"And what's that meant to mean?" Brooklyn countered glaring at them both, but they didn't say anything. So Levi spoke. "Yeah, if you don't wanna work with us then leave. The doors right there!"

They both just looked at each other and back at us. "So I'm guessing Matthew and Zoe right? Look you two obviously you have something against us... but for the sake of this let's just put it to one side." Matthew scoffed, so it was my turn glare at him.

"Look ass ache, don't dish out empty comments if you can't even defend yourself."

"Oh please." Zoe scoffed and I looked at her sat back in her chair looking at me coldly. "If you want that face of yours to stay that way, I suggest you shut the fuck up and get on with this, the sooner it's done the sooner you can leave!"

That wipes the smug look off her face and both her and Matthew take the copies of their play. "I'm so proud" I glance at Levi who's smiling at me whilst wiping away a fake tear, I just smile back and then notice both Brook and Blake smiling over at me as well. I just quickly pick up my copy and start reading though it.