In The Name Of Love - {Artem Markelov}

A/N: This is for VamosBarcelona, so happy with an Artem request, he's my have F2 driver :))) Hope you like it!  (Photo credit to amarkelov.com)

Artem's honey brown eyes studied you quietly as you sat on the couch on the other side of the living room. It was three in the night, he just came back from a night out with friends. The Russian wasn't drunk, slightly tipsy, but still sober enough to think clearly. Your lives were busy, with you living in Europe and studying there, and with him here in Russia and all over the world for his racing career.

"солнышко, please, don't be like this". {Angel, sweetheart} He muttered, reaching out for you, but you only scooted further away from him. It had been going on like this for a while. You flew over to Moscow for him, but still you felt like there was an ocean between you two.

He was out for training basically all day and at night he seemed to be more interested in partying with his friends.

{If I told you this was only gonna hurt
If I warned you that the fire's gonna burn
Would you walk in? Would you let me do it first?
Do it all in the name of love}

"You knew this relationship would be tough". You said, your voice soft and so fragile that made his chest ache with hurt. "We both". He replied, leaning his elbows on his knees. Artem was such an attractive young man, he could easily find another one to love, which was your biggest fear.

"Would you back out if we talked about it earlier? When we started?". He asked. His eyes searched for yours in the dark. "You never talk to me, baby. I can't sense what's going on in your head". Artem continued, nibbling on his lower lip.

Your hand went through your hair and you bit on your lip to fight the sob that was about to slip out of your throat. "Even when we have time together, you're out with friends". You said. "I asked you to come along, but you didn't want to". He answered, getting slightly annoyed.

"No, because I don't even know them and I have more things to do than part the whole night!". You hissed back, raising your voice now. "And I don't have to see how other girls are all over you".

{Would you let me lead you even when you're blind?
In the darkness, in the middle of the night
In the silence, when there's no one by your side
Would you call in the name of love?}

"Babe, do you really think...". Artem couldn't even finish his sentence as he only saw one girl in his life, you. He didn't even dare to think about dancing or flirting with other girls while you were here in his apartment, the stress and hurt eating you away from the inside.

"You don't trust me anymore?". His voice was soft now and he got closer to you know. "You're not talking, Y/N". He got frustrated as well, not understanding how he was used to solve this problem.

"Don't you notice it, Artem? We're falling apart! The only thing you want is race and party, and I'm not in that picture of your interests anymore!". You stood up in anger, your tears blinding your vision now. "I flew 6 fucking hours to Moscow and the only thing I got was 'hi, nice you're here. I'm going out now, see you later". You paused to wipe the tears from your cheeks.

"Don't you know how miserable that makes me feel?".

{In the name of love, name of love
In the name of love, name of love
If I told you we could bathe in all the lights
Would you rise up, come and meet me in the sky?
Would you trust me when you're jumping from the heights?
Would you fall in the name of love?}

"I don't want this anymore". You said, your voice broken now and you felt your heart falling six feet down. "I can't do this anymore". You continued, your hand angrily moving your hair away from in front of your face.

"Don't, please". Artem said, moving closer to you, but you only wanted to get away from him, get away from all the memories and just go home to leave it all behind. "We can't just throw away what we had".

"Was it even real?". You shouted at him, giving his chest a firm push. Artem's breath hitched in his throat when he noticed he made you that angry, something he never intended to do. He didn't want you to leave, you were his life wire, the thing he needed every single day.

{When there's madness, when there's poison in your head
When the sadness leaves you broken in your bed
I will hold you in the depths of your despair
And it's all in the name of love}

Artem took a hold of your hands, but you roughly pulled them back. He didn't care, he wrapped his arms around you and let you shout at him, let you yell things you probably didn't even mean to say, let you try to get out of his arms. And finally you gave in, your head falling against his chest with a loud sob. Your knees were weak and you felt dizzy, thereupon you pulled him with you to the floor.

There you sat, crying in his arms on the cold tile floor. Artem slowly rocked you back and forth. "I love you so much, princess. Don't ever dare to think that I'll leave you for another girl". His fingers moved through your hair in calm strokes, letting you cry till your throat was dry and you couldn't even cry anymore.

The material of his shirt was clenched between your fingers and you stared at the floor while your head was leaning on his chest, his strong heart beat audible. Your eyes landed on his tattooed arm, the dark ink swirling over his skin and painting his upper bicep. Your finger reached out to trace the lines, causing his mouth to curl up into a smile.

{In the name of love, name of love
In the name of love, name of love
I wanna testify
Scream in the holy light
You bring me back to life
And it's all in the name of love}

"I only want you to shout and cry in other circumstances". Artem was dead serious, but he still managed to create a small smile on your face. "You have no idea how you bring me back to life every time". You muttered. "You saved me from falling too many times".

Artem tilted your face to angle it up to his. His thumbs wiped your wet cheeks and he studied your puffy, blood shot eyes. Still he thought you were beautiful, here in the middle of the night on the living room floor, gorgeous as you always are.

{I wanna testify
Scream in the holy light
You bring me back to life
And it's all in the name of love}

"I love you too". Was all he needed to duck his head down and press his lips to yours. He sighed at the feeling he had missed so much. Artem could faintly taste your tears on his tongue as it ran over your lips. You gasped and automatically parted your lips for him to deepen the kiss.

{In the name of love, name of love
In the name of love, name of love}

Your fingers tangled in his brown hair as his lips ran down the base of your throat, leaving hot stains on your skin. Artem's hands travelled down your sides and under your shirt to squeeze your waist and bring you even closer to him. "It's not a classy way to restore the fire, but please let me, I've missed you". He muttered in your ear, teeth scraping over your ear lobe gently.

You nodded in acceptance, letting him take you away into another world. He was glad he could fulfil his promise of letting you cry out in other circumstance and show how much and how close he wanted to be to you.