Chapter 1: The Cranky Old Couple

Draco blinked his eyes to bright sunlight as he yawned awake. He rolled over to see his small watch on the table beside him, checking the time, it was eight am. And he heard the yelling already. The house he was currently in had an older couple who were constantly fighting like cats and dogs. About every little thing, to buy crunchy or smooth peanut butter, wanting another kid or not, everything, small or big. He was done in this house, he wanted to leave, but he had only been there a week and he wasn't technically allowed to leave yet, but he didn't care much for that. Draco pulled out his medium sized black duffle bag from under the creaky old bed. He remember doing this time after time, pulling it from under other beds or from a small crate if he didn't have a bed there. It didn't even faze him anymore, he just pulled it out, stuffed it with the few clothing items he has and the small gadgets he had collected from various houses. He shoved the bag back under the bed and put on his watch as he thought what he might 'collect' this time. The young boy strolled out of the room and down the stairs, into the kitchen. He grabbed a small piece of toast and munched on it, completely ignoring the chaotic atmosphere around him.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK, BOY?" The older man boomed, Draco was startled, he jumped in his seat a little, quivering a bit.

"I am sorry, sir, but I didn't hear what you were saying." He said quietly, but not enough to be mumbling, that wouldn't end up well. His head was basically in his lap so he could avoid looking either of the couple in the eyes.

The woman shock her head in disbelief as the man said "HOW could you not hear us. We're loud enough to wake the dead." And with that they had forgotten all about Draco and were back to yelling at one another.

He stood up from the table and walked out of the small kitchen and went into the cozy living room. In other circumstances, the house would be a warm friendly place, but because of the two it belonged to, it was most certainly not. Draco walked towards the bookshelf full of knick knacks and very few books, and he saw exactly what he wanted. It was small and round, it had a purplish tint to it, but otherwise, it was completely clear. It was sitting on a small golden stand, which looked nice but it didn't seem to fit. He picked up the small sphere and pocketed it.  

He raced up the stairs, into his room. He reached his hand under his bed and pulled out the stuffed duffel bag. Draco shouldered it and headed back downstairs. He peeked his head into the kitchen at the couple and said he was going out, the only answer was a scoff and a whatever. He calmly walked out into the main hall and out the front door, which he slammed shut with a loud thud. Draco took in a big breath looking at the halfway raised sun it the sky and thought to himself, 'well at least I am away from that dreaded pair.'