Chapter 2:: Go boys, or she dies

'I said, hands where I can see them!' Espinosa demands with her gun pointed right at Tara's head.

'I- I'm-' Tara stutters while she does what the criminal says. The theory classes at the academy had not prepared her for this. Staying calm sounded so much easier than it turns out to be.

'Please, just shut up,' Espinosa sighs while she pats Tara down.

'I don't have one,' Tara quickly says, flinching when Espinosa's piercing eyes get right up in her face.

'A what?' the woman asks curiously.

'A pass.' One of those you need to get to the higher levels. She assumes that's what Rosita is looking for.

'Well, who does?'

Tara's voice shakes with fear. 'My boss, he just left but he's probably in his office-'

Hearing that, Rosita grabs Tara's walkie-talkie and holds it up for her to talk. 'Tell him you're coming up,' she orders.

Tara nods. Maybe it's better to just do what she's told. She tries not to stutter while talking over the radio, while Rosita checks the elevator, showing some trust. 'Sir, is it okay if I-'

Maybe it isn't. Why would she not try?

She stops talking, jumps on Rosita's back, and knocks the gun out of her hand. Espinosa curses while she gets up from the floor.

'Sir, send security. Rosita Espinosa is here,' Tara quickly radioes while she backs up from Rosita and nervously walks around the table, getting as far as possible away from her.

Oh my god, did I just do that? 

Tara nervously eyes the elevator, while Rosita gathers herself. She must not have calculated Tara not cooperating. The gun is heavy in her hand and it's hard to keep it still. And when Rosita shakes her head and walks toward her with steady steps, she can't get her finger to pull the trigger. 

Rosita quickly kicks Tara to the ground, Tara grunting in pain. 'Sorry,' Rosita says before the elevator doors open and Tara's boss walks out, his eyes widening.

Rosita turns around and within a second she shoots the shocked man right in between his eyes. Another perfect shot for the list.

Tara gasps at the sight of her dead boss. 'He got in the way,' Rosita spits while she drags his body between the elevator doors, so it won't close and go down for others. People and bodies are just the perfect tools. 

She then starts to walk over to the emergency staircase to close the door but changes her mind before she gets there.

'Get up,' she orders to Tara. After knowing Tara knows how to take someone's gun perfectly, she wasn't going to wait and see what else she's got.

Tara gets up and Rosita pushes her down onto a chair, takes a look around, and grins at the earphones hanging around Tara's neck. She pulls them out and uses them to tie Tara's wrists tightly behind her back.

'Am I in the way too?' Tara asks, disappointed in the fact that she wasted her shot so soon.

'No, you're the key,' Rosita answers before pacing to the elevator. She tears a piece from the boss's shirt and walks back over to Tara again.