Chapter 8/Maze Castle

I left out episode 10, 11, 12 and 13. Please forgive me but I just don't have the time to write all that down and most of you probably just want to read a Hiei x reader story so I guess it's better to skip some of the episodes where Hiei is not seen. Well... let's get started ;)

Sayako's POV:
Yusuke defeated Rando and became Genkai's assistant. I was allowed to train with him because of my great powers and abilities (at least that's what Genkai said). I also learned my first spiritual power: the spirit barrier. It's some sort of a force field that prevents another power to hurt me. It's pretty cool and it doesn't even hurt when something strikes the barrier. I can build up the barrier as long as I want to. Anyway, I just watched a movie about two children in a horror house and good lord was that scary. I stepped out of the movie theater when I noticed three familiar faces coming my way. Keiko, my brother and Kuwabara. 'That's weird I thought they were gonna spend the day in the park. Maybe Keiko convinced them to go shopping, or something like that.' I waved at them:"Hey, what are you three doing here? I thought you'd stay in the park. Don't tell me you got into a fight and got kicked out." I had to laugh a bit as I said the thing with the kicked out. "No actually Kuwabara wanted to see a movie." Keiko told me. "I see..." I glanced over to Yusuke and Kuwabara seeing them smiling brightly at me. 'Something seems fishy about those smiles...' I thought, narrowing my eyes. "Hey... um, I gotta grab something from the store first and Kuwabara has something too, right? We'll be back in five minutes. Would you mind saving us some seats?" Yusuke acted weird saying that all of a sudden. "If it's quick I can come with you." Keiko offered him. I could sense that Yusuke was rushing slightly:"Ah... no, you see it's kinda embarrassing. It's a guy thing you know!" Yusuke pushed Kuwabara and began running:"We'll be back soon, kay!" Keiko and I were standing alone now watching the two run off. '!! I can sense a strange power around here... so that must be the reason Yusuke wanted to go so quickly. I wanna know what he's up to but I can't just leave Keiko alone here. Still... I'm just gonna make something up.', "Well... err... I would like to stay here with you and watch the movie you guys wanted to see, Keiko... but I have to do my homework...so I'll see you around. Bye!" I told her and followed the path Yusuke went without looking back to Keiko to see her reaction for my excuse.

I kept walking along the small alley where I saw the two boys last but somehow they disappeared. 'I can't even sense Yusuke's spiritual power anymore. But how it was there just a minute ago. Maybe Koenma called him and he had to leave. !!Arggh... then why didn't he bring me along. I can fight as well!' I was close to giving up when suddenly Botan ran past me. '!', "Botan!" I called out to her. She the turned her attention to me:"Oh, Sayako! Long time no see huh!" She giggled. "Botan, you don't happen to know where Yusuke and Kuwabara are do you?" I asked her. "Well...", 'So she does know something!', "Botan please tell me. I'm worried." I asked looking as cute as I could. And as I thought, she gave in:"Fine, you are his sister after all. Yusuke and Kuwabara are off to find the so called <four saint beasts>. They're demons who apparently send insects on earth that are manipulating the humans to do evil. We sent them to go find the source of this mind controlling reason and destroy it.", "If that's so then I wanna help them defeat those demons!" I told her in a slight demanding tone glaring her to the ground. She answered me in a scared voice:"You see... Yusuke told me not to let you go through the portal they used because it's too dangerous." She was thinking about something for a moment and then continued happily:"But the more help he gets the faster we'll be able to defeat the saint beasts.", "Great! What are we waiting for, Botan?! Where's the portal?"

~Time skip~

I was looking down a small hole filled with green smoke waiting for Botan to stop searching for something. "Aha, there it is!" She showed me a round compass-like thing:"It's a communication mirror. Yusuke has one too. With this you can contact me or Yusuke anytime you want." I took it from her."Thanks, Botan.", "You have to hurry now, Sayako. Otherwise you won't catch up with them!" I nodded jumping down the hole.

As I fell down the sky (I could say) I could identify four figures standing in a circle. 'That must be Yusuke. And the blue one I take it is Kuwabara and...! Are those the two thieves! Kurama and Hiei! Well, there must be a reason they're here', I called out to Yusuke:"Yusukeeee! How dare you leave me on earth while you're fighting with demons!" He frantically looked up but before he could scream my name I landed safely on him. And ladylike if I may say so ;). "Arghhhh... Sayako! Get off of my back!", "Oh! I'm sorry, Yusuke. I didn't mean to land on you." I said while getting off him. But then I noticed the stares. I glanced over to the thieves and narrowed my eyes as soon as I spotted my old Kidnapper: Hiei!

But! Politely as I am... I bowed my head and began introducing myself:"Hello again! We didn't have a good start I guess so I'll introduce myself again. My name is Sayako Urameshi and I'm Yusuke's twin sister." Kurama was the first on to answer with a stunning smile:"The pleasure is all mine", 'He's so handsome!' I thought while blushing. But then I evilly glared at Hiei. Kurama saw that:"Let me apologize for Hiei's mean behavior the last time you two met.", "Hm! I don't remember being mean at all. That's just the way I am! You're  gonna have to live with it, girl!", Hiei angrily told me. "Fine, you little runt!" We glared at eachother. But then Yusuke cleared his throat:"Would you two mind cutting it out! And by the way, Sayako, what are you doing here?", "Oh! Err... Botan told me you needed help so I thought I might come and do exactly that." I smiled up at him. He didn't look very pleased with that idea but turned his head around towards the castle:"Never mind then... we don't have much time. Let's go!"........

So this is where the romance starts. First Hiei and Sayako don't really get along but they're going to warm up to eachother soon.