All hail the king

King Harold paced the throne room. His nerves taking the better of him. His footsteps echoed in the touch lit rooms of his castle. Harold had been king since his father Alfric abdicated the throne. Harold wasn't dumb. He'd seen exactly what his father planned but was helpless against it. His father still ruled with his 'government' behind him. The judges, the pinkertons and the inquisition all under his fingertips. He even sensed treachery among his friends as some were inquisitors. He huffed kicking his throne. Harold took a deep breath noticing the gaze of some guards and glared a stern gaze making them look away. His only chance was to play along with his father with his games he had a plan but with his fathers allies empowered he'd have to be patient......very very paitient. Still more matters were at hand and his father wouldn't be pleased.

Alfric stormed into the throne room. If he was any angrier stem would be coming from his ears. "Tell me it isn't true!"
"Well good evening to you to father" Harold rolled his eyes
"Don't roll your eyes at me boy! This is no time to be childish!" Alfric was fuming "who is she?!" Alfric voice boomed on the throne room the guards would flinch each time he talked.
"She is the love of my life and she's having my child!" Harold shouted his voice barely whisper compared to his fathers echoing voice. The old dog still had his bark.
"She best have a boy you hear me!" Alfric boomed signaling for the guards to leaving doing so.
"And if it is? Then what? She'd be your grand daughter heir to the throne I dare say a fierce queen" Harold face was showing a stern look but inside he smiled, thinking of his mother, best queen in his book....but she was his mother.
"Then I'll do what needs to be done" Alfric pace at the door. A firm but shaking hand gripped his shoulder "remove your hand now!"
"You just touch her!" Harold snarled almost sounding like a canid. He would know he had one.
"If it's a girl I'll take her breath before she's fed from a breast!" Alfric boomed storming out. Harold stood there shaking in fear but adrenaline fuelling his body. It's gonna be a long night was all he could think as he went back to pacing.

The night was a long and cold one. Harold stormed into a large bedroom he peered at the doors entrance where 4 of his demons stood guard before closing and locking the door. He looked at the bed seeing the love of his life. She clutched two children to her body. "Twins your highness" she smiled at him pale face, sweat beaded across her forehead.
"I hate when you call me that" Harold huffed rushing to the bed side.
"Both healthy. Both happy" she smiled breathing heavy.
"Birth has made you tired my love you must rest" Harold wiped her forehead before kissing her forehead finally looking over his children. The first had few blond hairs sprouting in tuffs, a smooth face. His eyes as blue as the sky.....that is when he opened the. "He gets his looks and his tiredness from his father" the lady giggled. Then his eyes drifted to the other baby. Much the same features. Smooth face but eyes of brown and raven black hair "this one looks like me" the lady smiled "our beautiful daughter." The words shock Harold to the bone. The past hours he'd taken precautions.
"Love you need to trust me like you always have" Harold said his voice cracking.
"Your scaring me Harold...." she said looking him in the eyes
"Alfric has...." Harold sighed "you had one baby tonight. You will see her but just trust me" Harold reached for the girl "please give me the girl" Harold had a tear down his cheek it pained him to take a baby from his love but he had no choice. Harold proceeded to sneak out the castle.

"Arcturus my good friend how fairs your mission" Harold asked knowing the answer
"Badly. Edmund and Alice....." Arcturus sighed giving a quick hug to his old friend.
"I'd never ask this of you....bu" Harold was interrupted by a woman landing on a griffin. She removed her googles wit a yawn
"Well good evening captain" Arcturus said smirking
"You do realise I have spy's" Harold raised an eyebrow looking at the two. Captain Lovett blushed giving Arcturus a quick peck on the cheek. "It's actually why I called you here" Harold went to a basket. Crying started.
"That's not...." Arcturus frowned
"It is......twins this is the girl" Harold handed Lovett the baby "I don't have time my father will know iv left. She's in danger. She's your child" Harold breathed heavy
"If you do this you realise she is ours.......we will raise her as ours she can't know" Lovett said bouncing the baby
"I.....I know just......just take care of her" Harold quickly left with anymore words.
"She's......she's beautiful" Lovett smiled
"And has your hair" Arcturus got a punch from Lovett "my hair isn't tuffed!" Lovett huffed

Quietly over head a Gryphowl flew clutching a baby struggling to stay in this world......