Eyes everywhere

Shadow walked through the streets. She felt lazy so instead of making the beds she'd brought pre made beds. Two large three small. She'd had to buy a rucksack to carry them all in all she'd been set back 100 shillings. She sighed hood up rain pouring down. She'd missed the carts and her second lesson was tomorrow. She shivered, she also held a parcel wrapped up under her arm. She'd also purchased some shelfs. She looked at her demons. Aurora and flare trudged head and tail down clearly not enjoying the rain. Her salamander had taken a leaf out of Fletchers demon book. He'd named his ignatius. "I'll name you later bud" she said continuing to walk. Aquas perched on her shoulder and slate buzzed above her head. She felt sorry for the mite. It probably knew what happened to its master before......nothing he could do.

After hours of walking shadow arrived at the academy. It had become dark and the rain poured down. She looked up and spotted a man in black watching her. Aurora and flare sensed her feelings and started to growl. Shadow wiped her eyes and looked to the spot. The man had vanished. Shadow shrugged calming her demons with her conscious bond and headed to her room. When she walked in she instantly dried all her demons with towels. Much to the dismay of the canids who took this opportunity as play time and bolted around the room like wet dogs. Shadow couldn't help but laugh and looked at her wet uniform. "I'll need to buy a smaller jacket.....must ask Fletcher where he got his" she said to herself before putting up her shelfs. She had four in total. She place two on the wall above her desks, one above her draws and one above her bed. Along the one above her she put the three small beds. One for slate, Aquas and her salamander "how about blaze" shadow nodded "blaze it is" she watched her demons sit in the beds. She put the larger ones beside her bed. She then put her uniform to dry and went to sleep.

Shadow woke up the next morning and stretched. She walked into the hall to see no Fletcher or Othello. She chuckled "must of went to a tavern". She sat on her own and ate some food. She'd sneakily feed her demons when people weren't looking but was caught. "You shouldn't feed your demons at a table" a male voice said making her jump. "Well if they are hungry I'll feed them" she said turning and seeing a boy she hadn't met. "Still people won't be happy" he said looking at her demons one after the other. "Well I don't care what they think or yo for that matter" shadow said. She never really would talk back but she didn't like the way he was acting with her demons. "Feisty. Want to be careful like that. Might make the wrong impressions" the boy said turning when a servant ran in. "This way your majesty" the servant said and the boy walked off. "Wait did he just......oh no" she touched her face blushing with embarrassment. Aurora and flare nuzzled her legs as if realising how she felt. "Well.... one way to meet the prince" shadow muttered

Shadow sat in class. Fletcher and Othello had arrived just in time. They came in with an elf. Lovett wasn't happy the elf wasn't in uniform. The Nobels were split off with a curtain but shadow stayed in the back with the commoners after giving Fletcher a few glances. Shadow pulled out a summoning leather and told her mite to hover just above it. She pointed her palm at slate and concentrated her mana. She felt her hand tingle and it started to glow a bright blue. After a few seconds slater started to shine and eventually evaporated into the glowing light and was sucked into her palm. Aurora and flare watched heads tilted. "One down" shadow smiled looking at the other demons. The class had watched her but there attention soon went back to Fletcher who was just starting to infuse his demon. By the end of the lesson everyone had infused there demons. Shadow had infused hers fairly easy but had a scolding when her canids started to run away. In the end the class finished and shadow stayed behind. As the class was finished she decide formalities of student and teacher. "Mother I have a gift for you" shadow said smiling but soon stoped when she saw her mothers face "what have you done?" Lovett said eyebrow raised making shadows nose twitch. "I'm joking love" Lovett said chuckling and hugging shadow "however your adorable when your little nose twitches" Lovett smiled hearing shadow mutter her protests. "Interrupting am I?"Arcturus asked walking in. "Actually father I have something for you too" shadow fished into her satchel pulling out the wrapped boxs and handed them to her parents. Arcturus and Lovett opened them and smiled when seeing the silver pocket watches with a griffin on Lovett and canid on Arcturus's. "they are beautiful" both said in union attaching them to their belt by the small chain and the watch in their pockets. "So ready for the exams" Arcturus teased as shadow gasped "your kidding! We've had one lesson! I'm going to the library!" Shadow shouted running off. Arcturus turned to Lovett. "I followed her today" Arcturus said his tone serious. "And I did on her birthday" Lovett said "did you see?" She asked "yes......someone's spying on her"