Lunch En-Counters

A/N: I wanna say this has nothing to do with a lunch counter but I wanted to make a pun so, YEAH!!!

                         Winter break is only three hours away. Classes were the only thing in the way of me and my freedom. I'm in my second year at Midtown High School and I'm kind of known as a loner for the most part. I don't hang out with people much, I'm an introvert for the most part. I don't mind talking to people, but it's not my favorite thing to do. Yet,  I always find myself stuck in situations in which I have to talk to people, whether it be for projects or random people try to talk or flirt with me.

                         No one at my school knows that I'm Tony Starks daughter. The last thing I need is to be bombarded with questions from reporters from our local news station all the way down to our school newspaper. If my dad ever has a party my first excuse is 'I'm pretty sure one of my friend from school's parent is going to be there, I can't risk being found out about,' even though I have no friends. The one thing I'm always doing is writing, if I can do anything it's write, and correct people on grammar. Even though my father is tony stark my worst subject is Geometry.

                           'Three hours' I kept thinking, 'just three more hours till I'm free from this nightmare.' 'and now I just need to get through lunch, and Geometry, and my free period.' I was grabbing my books from my locker when I swore I heard someone say my name, I tried to ignore it though. I was walking to lunch when I heard someone calling my name it was Peter from my Geometry class.

                             "Hey Peter, what can I do ya for," I ask him as we continue walking to the lunch room as I see, out of the corner of my eye, his friend Ned trailing behind. "I was wondering if we could maybe s-sit with you today at lunch considering Flash threatened that if w-we s-sat even cl-" "ose to him, yada, yada, yada ,more threats Flash being an idiot and douche as usual, sure it's fine," I cut him off and as I spoke I heard Ned snickering. Peter just smiled and whispered a thank you.

                         We all sat down and I started on my homework as Ned and Peter just talked.  "So, Mia what do you plan on doing for break," Ned asked causing me to poke my head up from my homework that was laid out in front of me. "Well, I'm most likely going to do nothing if I'm being honest," I said. "Like nothing at all, huh, good to know," I shrugged off Ned's last comment. I went back to doing my homework, as the whole school got the announcement. The snow was getting so bad that roads were slowly being closed one by one and we needed to get home ASAP, I can't be happier, but, of course, my phone absolutely had to buzz. An assignment by our Geometry teacher, "from your boyfriend," Ned said making me choke on my apple I just took a bite of.

                         I couldn't be more thankful for Peter patting my back, when I finally stopped coughing Peter handed me a tissue to wipe my eyes. "I'm taking that as a no," Peter said with a breathy laugh at the end. "Yeah definitely not, I'm not noticed by people at this school in general, not to mention guys, so, no, no I don't have a boyfriend. Plus I'm sure my dad would freak, even though he's been encouraging me to be social, I'm sure he doesn't mean that way." Ned carried on to say, "so who was it from," I gave him a look as to say 'what's it to ya'.

                           "Well, if you must absolutely know, it's just a message from our geometry teacher telling us we have an assignment due in two weeks when break is over. There's a list of partners, I haven't looked but you're more than welcome to look if you want Pete." I said handing him my phone while I threw out my lunch trash, which was ever so conveniently all the way across the cafeteria.

~~~~Quick POV change brought to you by Ned's excessive questions in the SMHC trailer~~~~

                             "Who'd ya get," Ned asked. I was shocked, scared and relieved all at the same time if that is even possible. "Well, by some miracle I got Mia," I said looking up at Ned happily. I saw Ned smirk, "what did you do," he did something and I know it. "Well I may or may not have messed with our teacher's partnering system, in a way that she chose people with the same last initial, or close enough." He said. "and her last names is-" "Pierce" we said at the same time.

                                "How were you even able to have that rigged?" I questioned. "She uses a randomizer, I just hacked it, simple. You know I have computer skills, and they now came in handy for your use." Ned said. "You want something in return?" I ask. "When the time is right, I'll ask, and don't give up this opportunity, you need to make a move you're," he then goes into a whisper, "Spider-Man and yet you can't confess your feelings to-" And within seconds, Mia was back.

~~~~Your Regular POV Brought to you by my Cheesy Puns that you will see EVERY Chapter~~~~

                                 "Ooh, Pete's got a crush, who is it, spill ." I ask packing my stuff and staring at Peter and Ned. Ned smirked his signature smirk and Peter looked shocked, "sorry if I hit a bad topic Pete," "Oh n-n-no it's fine, I just, I kind of blanked and didn't hear your, um, your ....umm ...... question, well I mean it was more of a statement, I guess, but I mean I wasn't listening so, umm... yeah..."He said. He was cute, he had good bone structure, I know that that's a little random, but, he's cute, wait, do I, "Ahem ," Ned said knocking me out of my trance, but it seemed like it was directed at Peter, weird.

                                   "So, Pete, before I leave, who's your partner," I asked getting my phone back, "Well looks like we're partners," he just said we're partners, 'shoot act cool,' "Awesome, so your place I'm assuming or do you wanna come to mine this time," shoot I just offered my house, as in the building with the large 'Stark' sign on it up for our project. I hope he doesn't say mine. "Your place sounds fine, so can you just text me the place," he handed me a piece of paper, as he and Ned we're packing up."Sure can do," OH MY GOD STOP SPEAKING!!!!! "Well i'll see you, Ned after break, and Peter I'll  see you sometime soon," I started walking away. "Merry Christmas you two!"