39) Found Out

Ariana's P.O.V

I walk through the halls alone, glancing left and right out of paranoia and fear. I hear the guys that I hate, and I gasp, running into the dark back hallway instinctively. They walk out, and I see a gun in the leader's hand. The place is dead silent, other than the victim pleading for his life, and I gasp, backing into the corner behind the lockers. I hear a gunshot and a scream, making me shriek, and they smirk, hearing me. "Where's the little princess hmm?" they taunt.

Tears stream down my face as I press up against the wall.

Will they kill me? Will they hurt me? Are they coming? Shit, they're coming...

My wrist gets slammed against the wall in an iron grip as I snap back to reality. I gasp, crying, and they smirk down at me.

"Yo, what do I do with him? He's still alive!" A guy calls out, carrying a body over his shoulder. I gasp loudly as he turns around, and the person is... Steven...

"Steven!" I cry. "Ari!" He chokes out weakly. "No!" I sob. "It's okay, you'll be okay," he coughs. "Stay with you-know-who, you'll be safe with him. I love you-" he chokes out before remaining lifeless.

"NO!" I scream, crying. "Can't have any witnesses can we?" one of them says to the other. "We should have our fun with her first..." the leader smirks evilly.

I scream, squirming in their iron grip, and he snaps a hand over my mouth. "Shut up..." he murmurs. They hold me against the wall, and he slips a hand under my skirt, starting to pull down my panties. "NO!" I scream against his hand. I do the first thing that instinctively comes to mind, and kick him where it hurts.

His grip loosens lifelessly, and he falls to the floor in agony.

"ARIANA!"

I gasp as I hear Noah's voice. Still reluctant to be near him after the dream, I maintain my distance, but when I see him, I break down. "Ariana!" he runs towards me and scoops me up in his arms.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? I heard a gunshot! What did they do? Why did you run away yesterday?!" he fires question after question at me, without giving me time to answer.

"They-they-" I burst into tears, reliving it, and as he nuzzles my neck protectively, my feelings towards him change from fear like they were yesterday. "They shot Steven!" I sob, holding onto him tightly.

He gasps, and pulls his phone out, dialing 911.

"Don't you dare!" the guy still on the floor shouts weakly. They all stay back in fear of Noah, and as I look back for the guy with Steven, someone cocks a gun, making my whole body tense up.

Instinctively, I jump out of Noah's arms and somehow kick it out of his hand. It shoots on the ground, making me jump, and Noah gasps. "Stay back!" I warn, picking it up shakily. "Ari!" Noah gasps, as I shakily place my finger on the trigger, getting ready to cock it. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

I look back at him for help, with tears streaming down my face, and he runs up to me, placing his hands on mine. "Ariana, give it to me," he says calmly. I hand it over, and he points it at them, cocking it, and making them flinch. "Watch out bitches," he sneers. "I know how to use it."

We hear sirens, and students gather around the hallway in terror.

***

"You are under arrest for the murder of Steven Jones," a cop says as he puts the leader in handcuffs. "You have the right to remain silent-" I drown out all the talking as I look back at Noah.

All the students are chatting and gasping, and I see Noah thinking and sighing to himself, watching them get taken away. "I'm sorry about all this, baby," he says softly to me.

"It's okay..." I sigh, and hold back tears. "Noah, they know about us, we're screwed," I whisper. "I know..." he sighs.