『 thursday 』

chapter four; confide in me
thursday

[•✿•]

This is all I know... where else is there to go?

My head was pounding, fatigue creating dancing spots in my vision while remembering Seokjin relentlessly going off at me late at night, the day before...

Wednesday
There was the hint of hinges moving in air once my arms had shut the door of our apartment, hours of calm contemplation on the streets ended once the clouds had decided to cry, dropping tears fast enough for me to assume it was a good time to make a route home.

Seokjin was already there, naturally it being well after closing time, his left leg moving in a tense rhythm as one eye blinked while he stirred whatever concoction he'd decided to make in the kitchen. His expression was that of an enraged calmness, one I was not very well familiar with as he wasn't one to have such saturated emotions. He was always a soft one, times when he was playful got a little out of hand volume-wise, but there wasn't ever red fumes seen in his demeanor like now.

It got me scared,

but in truth,

I had every right to be.

He met my eyes too fast for comfort and nodded to one of the chairs at the table we shared,

"Sit down."

Knowing fully well I was the reason for his mood, there was no hesitance in complying to his request.

There was no time wasted when he took the opposite end and pinched his nose in what I could decipher as distaste.

"So, are you going to give me an explanation?"

I was unsure of how to approach this, and my reflex was to do nothing but give a hard stare and nod, no words cooperating to come out of my mouth.

"I- um–," I swallowed on my end, only for the raise of an eyebrow from another.

"Don't choke, I have time." The elder was adamant on getting his answer and did nothing but contribute to the tension not settling right with my stomach.

"Something set me off edge and I didn't feel well– sick— so I left." There was no desire or intent for me to give the exact detail as to what 'something' was, that of which being Jeongguk, but the warm brunette bought it, nonetheless.

"God, Taehyung, do you know how hectic it got after you left?! Jeongguk was so confused, the poor kid was just doing his job, and he felt obligated to switch from cleaning to tending the register. I had to let him stay at the register and switch from the kitchen to cleaning myself."

There was a flick of regret felt at the surface of my chest.

A hard sigh was crushed in the atmosphere on Seokjin's part, "Taehyung, why couldn't you have told me that this morning? Jeongguk and I would've been able to handle it in a more organized fashion then."

He sounded more disappointed than anything. Guilt just added onto the already piled onto the existing anger and fear.