T W O

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

The walk from the terminal to baggage claim is long and foreign. I've always wanted to go to the United Kingdom, but not under these circumstances. I really do appreciate Geoff being so kind to me. I'm as much of a stranger to him as he is to me. I sit on a bench and pull out my phone to check on my messages, when I am reminded by the no signal that my American phone won't work in the UK.

"We can buy you a new phone on the way home." Geoff says to me with a smile. It's heartwarming to watch him try so hard with me.

"No, no, I wouldn't make you do that. Taking me in on such short notice is enough." I really would like a new phone to stay in contact with my friends from home, but I'm not going to let him spend the money.

"Trust me, Liam brings in enough money. I could buy you ten phones if you wanted." Liam? The alarm letting us know that the luggage has arrived strips me from my curiosity. When I leaned in to grab my bag, Geoff steps in front of me and takes it for me.

"All set?" He turns to me, offering his arm. I loop my arm through his and nod. When I try to walk, I am stopped by Geoff and as I turn to him questioningly, the look on his face has gone from welcoming to worried.

"When we walk out there, there's going to be many photographers. I paid the airport to keep them out while you were getting off the plane but I couldn't keep them off the entire property." The blood in my eardrums pump louder and the butterflies have taken refuge of my stomach once again. Before I can respond, he continues.

"I have bodyguards waiting that will cover your face so you can have some privacy. I know you wouldn't want the media having photos of you while you try and get settled. Let's go." He begins to walk towards the exit and I keep my head down while following him. The second we step outside, I am covered with a blanket.

"Geoff! Can you confirm that Giovanna was your love child?"

"Giovanna! Tell us how you feel about being Liam Payne's new sister!"

"Is it true your family was murdered?"

"Can we have a picture please!"

The sounds of cameras flashing and people yelling are making my ears ring. What the fuck is going on? And who is Liam? It took a lot of pushing and tripping over my own feet to get inside the car and I have never been so grateful to be inside a vehicle in my life once I am seated.

"What was that?" I ask harshly.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, why were there photographers trying to take my picture? And why did they ask if my family was murdered? And who the hell is Liam?" The look on Geoff's face makes me feel guilty for being so rude, but I want to know what the hell just happened.

"They didn't tell you?" He asks softly.

"Obviously not." I can feel my face reddening with frustration.

He hands me a bottle of water and sighs.

"Well..."