[42] twingameplays - lucas

"Hey Y/N." Lucas greeted you in the parking lot with a grin and threw his arm around your shoulder.

"Hey Lucas, ready for Wendy's?" You asked, shrugging off his shoulder, he was always so touchy-feely with you.

Normally you just rolled your eyes at him, but lately it made your heart flutter and your stomach do flip-flops. You didn't want to lose one of your only best friends, and kept it yourself, interacting as you normally would.

"Hell yeah. How was Calc?" He asked, unlocking the car for you to get in.

"It fucking sucked, I completely bombed my test." You recounted your grade from earlier that day.

"How bad?"

"56%. My mom said if I get another F then I get my phone and you guys taken away."

"No Lucas and Ethan?"

"For three weeks."

Lucas gasped, pulling out of the parking lot. "How dare she? Although I'm flattered that I matter so much to you to be taken away for bad behavior."

You smiled down at your lap at Lucas' words. "Oh shut up, you don't mean that much to me."

"Nah, you love me, you have an entire shrine above your bed."

"That's a collage of pictures of me and my friends! It's not my fault you take so many damn cute pictures when we hang out!"

Lucas grinned, reaching over to grab your arm. "I'm flattered, Y/N."

You scoffed, wrenching your arm from his grip, trying to calm your heart down at that smirk that got you every time. As he pulled into the drive-thru, you turned to him with a confused look. "Why are we going into the drive-thru?"

"I thought we could eat our food someplace else today."

"This sounds like the first five minutes of a cop show, are you gonna murder me?"

"Maybe." Lucas said cryptically, and you laughed, his ability to pull off 'mysterious bad boy' around you dissolved as you grew closer to him. Now he was just a loveable goof. Too loveable.

"Alright, you know what I like." You gestured as he pulled up to the speaker to order.

Once you received your food, you looked out the window to try to figure out where he was going.

"Park?"

"Nope."

"The pond?"

"Nope."

"Tell me!"

"It's a surprise, Orlando." Lucas teased you, and you slouched back in your seat, taking a sip of your Dr. Pepper.

Finally, you realized what road he was on, it lead right to the coast. "It's way too fucking cold for the beach!"

"It's only 30, you're such a Florida girl." Lucas snorted, continuing on the road.

"I hope you don't expect me to swim."

"I don't want my precious baby girl dying of hypothermia." He pinched your cheek, and you slapped his hand away.

"Why do I hang out with you? I actually hate you." You said as he found a parking space in the empty parking lot. Nobody wanted to go to the beach in December.

"Aw, babe."

Finally, you arrived at your destination, and stepped out of the car to be met with chilling seabreeze. You were ready to go back in the car, but when you tried to open the door, you found it to be locked.