three

"Hey Winnie The Pooh!" A kid comes up behind me, and punches my shoulder, almost making me go face first into my food. "Do you want some honey to go with that?"

He walks away, laughing with his many friends, getting high fives all around. I roll my eyes. That wasn't even a good one; I've heard better. It doesn't faze me anymore though. Not as much as it used to anyway. I used to care about how people saw me, until Josh moved here. Even Hazel, my friend since sixth grade, couldn't convince me I was good the way I was. Somehow, Josh changed how I saw myself. I don't know how, but there's just something about him that's very trust worthy.

I find Josh and Hazel already sitting in our usual spot in the corner. As soon as I sit down, Josh starts talking. "Are you okay? I can't understand why people do that."

"I'm good, don't you worry. And they're assholes that aren't going to get very far in life so they make other people feel bad. I'm used to it."

"You shouldn't have to be though." He sighs. "If people only knew how awesome you are then-"

"Sorry to interrupt. Can I sit here?" I look up and see the brown haired boy with chocolate brown eyes.

Josh, Hazel, and I look at each other, before nodding at him.

As he sits down beside me, Hazel speaks up. "Aren't you going to get your butt kicked if you're seen with us?"

Tyler shakes his head. "Even if I do, I don't really care. You guys seem really cool."

"Is this like a joke or something?" Josh asks, almost harshly.

Tyler's eyes widen, and his head shakes faster. "No, no, no! I honestly, and genuinely want to hang with you guys. The people I'm friends with are boring."

Josh looks at me, and I shrug. "I believe him." And I honestly do. I don't know why, but something about him just seems...right. I don't know how to describe it, but it almost feels like he's supposed to have been friends with us all along.

Josh sighs. "Okay. But if this back fires, I'm blaming you."

I shrug. "Understandable."

"So, since I know nothing about you guys, I'm gonna ask a bunch of questions," Tyler says. We all nod, and wait for him to continue. "Okay, first question. Favorite colors?"

"Red," Josh answers without hesitation.

"Light Blue," Hazel says.

"Dark purple. What about you?"

"I can't really decide, but either red or black or blue."

"So you're not very decisive," I laugh. "Noted."

"Next question. What makes a person truly evil? Are they born that way or did their environment make them that way?"

My eyes widen, and Hazel lets out a little chuckle. "Dude that just went from kindergarten level to Harvard."

Tyler laughs with her. "I had to have a little warm up you know?"

I clear my throat. "Well, I think they're born that way. A person could have the nicest home life, and the best possible humans around them, and still want to kill someone. It's something in their brain."

"But what about the villains you see in movies?" Josh retorts. "They usually have some sort of tragic back story for wanting to destroy the world."

"Oh true," Hazel says, backing him up.

"There are people that have been through the exact same things, and don't want to destroy other people's lives. Super villains are just cry babies," Tyler counters.

"Thank you!" I shout. "See guys? Think like him."

"I'll think how I think thank you very much," he says with a humph.

"Do you have any more questions Tyler?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Ooo no! I got one!" Josh exclaims, perking up. "Is the glass half empty or half full?"

"Half empty," Tyler says, without hesitation.

"I agree," Hazel nods.

Josh scoffs at them. "Half full you pessimists."

"It depends on what previously happened to the glass."

"What do you mean?" Josh asks, while Tyler and Hazel look at me, intrigued.

"Well, if the person just poured water into the glass, it's half full. But if they poured water out of the glass, then it's half empty," I explain.

"Holy cow. Then are you optimistic or pessimistic?" Tyler asks.

"I'm a optimistic pessimist, I guess."

"Great Scott, you've cracked the code!" Josh chuckles.

"Great Scott?" I ask. Who says that anymore?

"Great Scott!"

Apparently Josh does.