Like a Baby's First Laugh

Yoongi woke up in a white unfamiliar room. He looked around and he realized he's in a hospital room. Who brought me here?  Yoongi thought. The answer to his question was answered in a few minutes when Jungkook walked inside, bringing breakfast.

"Oh, you're awake, hyung," Jungkook said and sat beside Yoongi. "Were you the one who brought me here?" Yoongi asked. "What happened?" He added. "Well, I happened to pass by an alleyway, and you were getting beat up. If I didn't show up, they might've killed you," Jungkook said as he ate his burger. Now Yoongi remembers what happened now, he was outnumbered. "You want some pancakes? I bought some for you because I know food here sucks."

"Uhm... Okay, just set it down there, I'm not really hungry yet," Yoongi said softly, and lied back down on the bed. So many thoughts were going on in his mind right now. He hasn't even gathered much money from his jobs yet, and now he has an additional bill to pay for because he's hospitalized.

"They said you can get discharged tonight and try to get as much rest as you can for today and the rest of the weekend. And don't worry about your hospital bill, I already covered it." Jungkook smiled. Yoongi widened his eyes. "But.... why? I don't want to be indebted to you."

"Well, if you don't want to be indebted to me, all you have to do is do me one favor," Jungkook said. "W-What is it?" Yoongi stuttered, thinking that the favor might be bad. "All you have to do... Is become friends with me."

He's so simple-minded. There's really no escaping this kid. Yoongi thought, and sighed. "Alright, kid. I'll be your friend."

Jungkook can't help but smile so widely and laugh out in relief. "Oh shit, I'm so happy right now."

"Why do you want to be my friend so badly?" Yoongi wondered. "Well, that's because, you were the first person to ever look so critically at me like that. You're the first person who bad-mouthed me on our first encounter. You were the only one who was ever so cold to me, you were the only one who didn't want to be friends with me, you were the only one who didn't adore me when I'm not really as much of a great person as they think. You feel special to me as a friend. I feel like you're someone who will be essential in my life."

Yoongi's eyes widened, and he can't help, but chuckle a little. "Geez, you're so cheesy. I'm just as normal as anyone out there." Jungkook felt so blessed because of Yoongi's little laugh. "Am I the first one that's ever made you laugh? Because it'd make me feel really better about myself," Jungkook asked excitedly. "Too bad for you, you aren't the first one. But you are the first one who's ever made me laugh throughout my high school days."

"You're so cute, when you open up," Jungkook, blurted out. He suddenly realized what he said and stuttered, "Uh... Uhm, th-that's not what I... I uh."

"Uhm, it's okay," Yoongi said as he hid his pink face. "Uhm, I'll just go out for a bit, you should eat and rest up so you can heal better," Jungkook said and walked out of the room. He's really weird. Yoongi thought to himself, still the blush on his face, and he can't stop smiling now.

----
Hello guys! So I updated this short one so that you'd know Yoongi is okay (obviously). Anyways, I hope you liked this one yayyy, tell me if it's like going too fast idk? I don't like having to prolong stuff like this, like it'd just be better if I got to the point and stuff. Now if you'll excuse me, I now have to read One Piece (pls bless my soul). Please comment down your thoughts, and thanks for reading! Bye~

Sydney ( ' ▽ ' )ノ