Chapter 5: Dance

How had he gotten here?

Kei was lying on an unfamiliar floor with his jumper nowhere in sight. He sat up slowly, clutching at his head as pain stabbed through it. He had paper streamers stuck in his hair (he pulled them out as soon as he noticed), his socks had gone missing along with his jumper and his white shirt had a stain on it that looked suspiciously like red wine. His feet were cold. He wanted his socks back. He liked those socks. They had purple stripes on them. Shit, was he still drunk?

The world was somehow blurrier than it should have been, so Kei tried to push up his glasses, poking himself in the eye when he found than they weren't there. Oh no. What had happened last night? Did he leave his glasses somewhere? A thought came unbidden into Kei's aching mind: had they gotten broken? No, of course they hadn't. Oh god, he hadn't brought any spares with him. He never let his glasses off his face if he could help it, they'd be fine. He had been drunk, who knew what could have happened. They were probably on a side somewhere in Oikawa's apartment. His mom was going to kill him. Maybe someone had just taken them as a joke. They were gone forever-

"Looking for these?" A voice that sounded like Koushi's cut through his increasingly more panicked thoughts and Kei squinted up at a figure standing off to his right with something in its hand, held less than a foot away from Kei's nose. He squinted at them, realised that they were his glasses and pushed them onto his face. The world came into relieving focus.

"Thanks." The figure, who was most definitely Koushi (no one else would look that refreshed after drinking an entire bottle of vodka and half a bottle of wine to himself the night before), sat down.

"No problem. I saw them on the table and knew you'd be freaking out if you woke up without them."

"You're not wrong about that."

"So... what can you remember about last night?"

"I remember getting to Oikawa-san's apartment and Iwaizumi being annoyed at Oikawa for skiving off of the preparations for a party that he'd insisted on having. And Hanamaki-san and Matsukawa-san making out in the middle of the kitchen, stopping to jump into the conversation so that they could mock Oikawa-san and then going back to making out before he could even squawk at them. I remember Tendou-san arriving with Ushiwaka and Oikawa-san flipping out about it. Then I had a few shots of your mom's vodka, more people arrived - who were they? - and... then it gets fuzzy. Care to fill in the gaps?"

Koushi had obviously been waiting for him to ask that last question. Kei shuffled so that they were directly facing one another and he could see Koushi's gleeful face in all its glory, accompanied by erratic hand gestures that actually made the story a lot clearer than Koushi ever could with words alone. Words were a lot harder for Kei's sleep and alcohol addled brain to handle than waving arms, but the arms were just a touch on the loud side.

"Okay so, Semi-san was the first one to come in after the miracle couple- did you know that people keep calling him the goth version of me? - anyway, there I was, standing in Oikawa's kitchen, with a glass of coke with a splash of my mom's vodka in my hand, minding my own business [Kei snorted at this] when..."

~(^-^)~*

Suga was sitting on one of the work surfaces in Tooru's kitchen, with a perfect view of the entrance to the apartment, sipping from a pint glass of his mom's blueberry vodka with a splash of coke in it, when Semi first came in. He didn't look happy to be there. He looked like he'd been forced to come. He probably had been (Tendou was annoying enough to get anyone to do anything if he pestered them enough). As soon as the miracle couple took their eyes off of him, he tried to make a break for the door but was stopped by a look from Iwaizumi that clearly said 'Don't leave me alone with them.' so he stayed. He sighed, going to stand by Suga in the kitchen.