Prolouge

Melia's POV
I wake up hungry after a short nap only to find myself being scolded, and crying once more.
I haven't eaten in so long, my ribs are beginning to show, and also hurt. My hair is greasy, and tangled. My eyes crusty with my dried tears, my limbs bleeding, and my clothes frayed, torn, and very dirty.

I have no shoes.

I hear my guardian coming, and I curl up into a ball in the corner, trembling as the door opens.
I'm petrified.

"You are such a bastard! Why the hell must you embarrass me all the time!? It's not that hard to behave for someone your age you know!"

I don't look up.

"Are you listening to me you little bastard! Huh?!"
My guardian shouts.

"I-I'm s-"
I stuttered before being cut off.

"Did I ask you to speak you idiot?! No one cares about you, and your a very miss-behaved little shit! I fucken' can't believe you broke a glass! AGAIN!"
Luke says.

I was slapped in the face 4 times-and I cried.
I had no choice but to hold my stinging face.

"Stop crying, you baby!"
He shouts as I jump backwards.

Luke picks me up by my hair, removes his belt, and hits me with  it several times.

"Ahhhhhh! Ow!"
I scream in pain.

"Shut up!"
He shouts.

I know he's been drinking. I can smell it.

He leaves, and I'm left alone in this dark room. I decided sneak out. I wasn't gonna get abused anymore. Then, all of a sudden I hear the doorbell ring, and I jump. Loud noises scare me.

I glance down at my small body, I'm bleeding, and the cuts are stinging.

"Get in your corner, NOW!"
Luke shouts.

I'm slapped again, and I wince.

"Stay there! I will put you in the basement if you miss behave any more!"

Luke mumbles some not so nice things at me again, and I cry even harder. I've cried so much it's beginning to hurt, and my eyes are dry.

'Why am I stuck here? What did I ever do so badly that I get hurt for?'
I think silently to myself.

I cry harder, and black out for a couple seconds. While I'm out, I have a dream about my uncle. We were doing fun things together. We were running around, playing tag, he took me for a bike ride, he picked me up and held me. -All good things must come to an end though, and I wake up.🏴