Chapter Seven

Dior King ( August , 8 months pregnant )

Tonight I'm going out to eat with Dominick. After ignoring his dinner request the day I met Mais's parents, I promised I would make it up to him. I was getting ready to go right now.

Dressed in a pair of white fitted stretch jeans, a brand new plain black muscle shirt under a black light pullover with the words "Obey" in white, my shoes were some black combat boots that I ordered online a while ago. I had my hair curled to perfection and light make up on my face.

We were going to Texas Roadhouse so I didn't want to over do it. While I was putting everything that I would need inside of my purse, my phone rang. It was Dominick, so I answered.

"Yeah?" I said hearing the sounds of music in his background. The baby began kicking at that moment and I rubbed my stomach hoping it would calm her down, it only made her kick harder and move even more. It was clear that I was going to be having a very stubborn baby.

"Hey, I'm outside, you need me to help you come get in the car?" He asked as I grabbed my purse and keys.

"No, I'm okay. I'm coming right now." I replied and hung up the phone. I sighed deeply as I pushed some of my hair out of my face.

"Here goes nothing." I mumbled to myself as I wobbled down the stairs and out of my house. I made it to his car and opened the door before sliding in. I had to adjust the seat to make myself comfortable because my back was killing me. The baby had calmed down some, but she was still slightly kicking me.

"Hey, you look nice." He said looking me over before backing out of my driveway.

"Thanks, so do you." I returned the compliment. He was dressed plainly in a burgendy shirt, dark jeans, and matching burgendy Pumas on his feet. Once again he was wearing his earrings, one gold chain, and gold watch on his wrist. I could smell the Gucci cologne on him and it made me clutch my thighs together.

I sighed. 'Its going to be one long ass night.'

......................

At the restaurant, I ordered some grilled shrimp and seasoned rice with an extra side of seasoned rice. I had also told them to keep the bread coming. I don't know what they did or put in these rolls to make them so good, but I love them. Dominick laughed at me, but this rice and bread is to die for, and I'm pregnant. He ordered an 8 oz steak and grilled shrimp with a loaded baked potato on the side.

"So, how's everything been going?" He asked making me raise my brow.

"Why do you care?" I shot back.

"Because you look like you could use a friend, and that's what I'm trying to be to you. At first, I wanted to get to know you better and hopefully build something with you, but that idea went out the window. Now, I just want to be a friend, is that alright with you?" He shot back without missing a beat.

I was slightly shocked, I just looked down at my plate of food and spooned some rice into my mouth. I knew I didn't really want him coming on to me because I was still dealing with my mixed feelings about Mais. We talked and decided that we were going to try our best to co-parent, but its just like I can't shake him no matter what I do. I always want him, and when he's around me I have to have him. But everytime he leaves, the harsh reality slaps me hard in my face.

"I'm sorry if I'm coming off as defensive." I said after a moment. "Everything is fine, still complicated as shit, but fine."

"You know what, its cool shorty. You don't even have to explain yourself to me. I'm sorry for asking." He said shaking his head as he continued to eat his food.