Chapter Ten

Dior King

Dior King

( The Next Month ... October )

"Welcome back to work Ms. King." My assistant, Lyric, said as I walked through the doors of the building.

"Its nice to be back, Lyric." I mumbled as I walked towards my office.

"Dior! Dior! Wait up!" I heard behind me. I turned to see Karen trying to run in her pumps. One thing about me was that I hated pumps, I only wear stilettos or wedges.

"Hello, Karen." I responded sighing deeply.

"How are you? You look great post baby. Congrats on your little girl by the way, how old is she now?" She said all at once.

'Nosey ass bitch.' I thought to myself.

"Thank you, I think. Ezra's 9 weeks old now." I replied nodding fixing my romper. Today I decided to wear a black and white striped long pant romper, with a black blazer covering me from the October chill, and matching black Chanel heels. I had my hair bone straight with a small part down the middle, pushed back behind my ears. I didn't want my hair flowing down my shoulders today.

"I would really love to see her sometime, some of the other ladies in the office said the same. We tried contacting you after you had the baby but recieved no answer." She explained.

"I'm sorry about that." I said half meaning it. "I've been so swamped with the new baby, its tiring. I'm sure you would know just how tiring it would be if you actually raised your two kids yourself."

The smile on her face dropped when the words left my mouth. "Excuse me?" She said. "I do take care of my kids!"

"You heard me, Karen. Its no secret to anyone in this office that your sons live with their father and you barely see them. So I would really appriciate it if you would worry about your own children instead of worrying about mine and her father. They are both straight, thank you." I said with a fake smile before walking off in the direction of my office.

"Bitch." I heard her mumble.

"Takes one to know one, bitch!" I called out loud enough for her to hear me without stopping my walk.

When I made it to my office, I opened the door and walked inside getting ready to start my day. I sat at my desk and got comfortable before pulling out my files from my bag. I began reading over my agenda for the day as thoughts of Ezzie and Mais flooded my mind.

I missed my baby dearly and tried to focus on my work, but for some reason I couldn't focus. After a few unsuccessful attempts at trying to focus, my phone rang. Mais' name popped up on the screen.

"Yeah?" I answered boredly.

"Is that how you great me?" He said sarcastically.

"Yes, actually." I said smartly. "Now what the fuck do you want?"