Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Dalton's POV

It was Kyler's birthday and immediately I realized that I was downright screwed.

I sensed the pull the second I woke up, which was at 4.35 AM in the morning.

"Mate!" my wolf growled, pawing restlessly at my conscience and trying to take over. There went any chance of going back to sleep.

I guess the lack of sleep, constant bugging from my wolf and the pull of my mate kind of put me at edge because here I was, locked in my room, under the covers, trying to escape reality.

The issue of my mate being Kyler, a male, wasn't the only problem here. Oh no, not that. It was the fact that there had never been two male Alpha wolves mated together. Never before. Ever.

Yes, a small part of me was happy that my mate was someone I preferred but all the negative aspects of this taboo mating kind of weighed down that happiness. It was short-lived.

"Dalton! You've been in there for the whole morning already!" for the third time in the past hour, Michaela was at my door, knocking gently.

"I'm fine! Just not feeling too good today!" I called back, hoping that Michaela would just leave and mind her own business while I find a way to sort out this mess.

"I'm the pack doctor, Dalton. My duty in this pack is to check on wolves who are unwell."

I frowned. I should have phrased that a little better.

Finally coming to a decision that we could have Michaela standing outside my room all day, which would bring about the attention of the other pack members, it would probably be a wiser move to let her in and then make her swear to secrecy by threatening her life.

I shuffled over to the door, unlocking it and opening it for Michaela.

She slipped into the room and I hastily locked it back up and turned to look at her.

She had an eyebrow raised, "Why so shady, Kane?"

I was mentally trying to balance out the pros and cons of telling Michaela about this little problem I had and my wolf was no help whatsoever.

"Mate! Mate!" it whined and I snapped at it to shut up before I slapped a wolf.

That of course didn't make sense but it made my wolf a little less annoying. A little.

I took a deep breath.

"Okay first of, you have to block off your mind or at least guard your thoughts."

Michaela frowned at that but nodded and I relaxed a bit.

"So... you know how I'm mateless..." I trailed off and she nodded again, sharp eyes trained on me. "Well... I'm not entirely mateless anymore. The problem here is that mymateisKylerandwe'rescrewed."

Michaela's slow nods turned into a shake. "Um what?" she asked.

"I found out that my mate may potentially be Kyler."

Michaela's eyes widened and her face went completely blank with shock but it slowly turned into a smirk.

"You guys are going to be a pretty damn hot couple," she laughed evilly and I smacked her arm. "It's not time for fun and games!" I whisper-yelled.

"I can't believe you get the fresh young Alpha. Ugh!" she rolled her eyes. The pack's doctor was a perv. That made me feel so safe knowing that bit of information.

"But what am I going to do?" I whined and Michaela scooted next to me on the bed. "You can't do anything about it, just embrace it. Maybe something would work out between you two. You could always adopt you know... or I'll be more than happy to bear you guy's children for you," she added and I groaned.

"It'll work out someway or another, you'll see!" she smiled, placing a kiss on my cheek that I rubbed off quickly. Girls are gross.

"Well thanks for all your help," I retorted, rolling my eyes and she shrugged before leaving the room.

Just two male Alphas being soul mates for life. What could possibly go wrong?

This is when everyone sits back and laughs casually, like nothing ever happened, sipping their fancy drink of choice.

But that's not happening right now. I fell back into the bed with a groan. I need all the help I could get right now please wolf spirits or whoever's up there.

This is a relatively short chapter and I apologize. I guess updated may be more frequent since the first round of exams are over. (^ー^)ノ