Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine

Dalton's memory

I was still staring in shock as the man who I now can associate with a Father turned tail and ran out of the house, I heard ripping noises and immediately knew that he was going to put up a fight to buy time for my Mother to get away with me.

I turned back to my mother, infant me not knowing that in a short while his whole world was going to change forever.

I hadn't even gotten to know her.

In her place was a pure white wolf and I could easily see why I was such a large animal, even her as a wolf was about the size of Kyler, a regular Alpha. What could I say? We were a big-boned family.

The wolf picked up the basket-cradle thing where I was and made a run for it. She had run into the woods and I could faintly hear thudding of heavy paws behind us. She too seemed to had sensed this and broke into a full-out gallop as she desperately tried to outrun our enemies. All of a sudden, all movement ceased as the basket was placed at the foot of a rather large tree and she stepped back, kicking dirt and leaves onto me I knew as a way to hide my scent. The wolf's ears flattened against her head as she made quick work of popping a pacifier into my mouth, large sharpened teeth gently holding the end of it. The wolf, my Mother, now piled a few more leaves onto me and began licking at my face and my young self closed his eyes and fell into a comfortable nap, amongst the chaos.

-

"Dalton, it's over. Snap out of it." A clear voice resounded in my head and I blinked open my eyes, still expecting to see a forrest clearing but I was now staring into the concerned eyes of a twenty-or-so female. "What...?" my voice came out horribly weak.

"We can now confirm that you are indeed James Knight, sole survivor of the Royal Lines. The one the Council has been notified of and now are trying to kill off. You, Dalton Kane, despite being the reason why we're all here right now, can actually redeem yourself by saving us all."

Kyler cleared his throat, hand releasing mine that he had gripped so tightly, "You make it sound all dramatized and stuff... it's pretty weird. Look, no hate or anything but you have got to work on that... keeping people on their edge of their seats, not cool."

Kayla rolled her eyes. "Well now what? Kyler, you have to return to your Pack to properly receive your position as Alpha, and Dalton, I mean James, you have some plan formulating to do."

Did I want to use James as my official name? Not really. It was too common and bordering on unusual to refer to myself as James after being Dalton for so long.

"How do you propose I go about doing that? Come up with a solution to the problem that is the Council, take them out and then lead a pack as their rightful King or something like that?" I asked jokingly and was met with a serious stare in return.

"That's exactly what we need you to do."

Izaiah's POV

I smiled at the two wolves before me. A lovely blonde one called Kelsey and Mr. Dad, also known as Kyler's father.

"You're going to be my hostages to lure out Kyler and his mate. The mate is the one I need, most importantly." I stepped towards the girl who was sitting uselessly with her hands and legs bound with tempered cloth. She had just gone through torture, in which I raided her mind, hoping to find a weak link in which will surely draw Kyler out and discovered none other than his unfinished Alpha ceremony. He was in the midst of being crowned when I burst in and ruined it for him. Also he has yet to tell a huge chunk of his beloved pack that he was mated to a male, and would be unable to produce a successor.

I knew the importance of being officially handed over the title. Without it, the wolf would not be able to fully activate his now dormant Alpha blood which instantly draws proper pack members to obey their Alpha. Like an ant nest without its bee, the pack would be lost without the pillar they fondly refer to as Kyler Parks. 

I was going to take a wild guess here as well and suppose that Kyler was unmated to James Knight, the ever so frightening King of Wolves. Kelsey's lovely mind had given me an insight to his personality and to be frank, Kyler didn't seem like the lustful, horny fully-self-accepted homosexual wolf he was supposed to be. Definitely unmated. 

This was all around great news. I've read up enough on my father's old notes on his obsession with Royal Lines to know that to fully unlock James Knight's full 'King' capabilities, he would have to first proceed to fornicate with his mate. Who obviously was against the whole mating thing in the middle of this chaos I had just nicely caused. 

What a party this was going to be.