Chapter 3

Enjoy chapter 3!
°°°°°°°°°°
There was silence, but the oldest man reached across the table and waved his hand in front of your face. "Excuse me, miss! You're the one your mother had mentioned, correct?"

Your head went up as he said this, and your face went pink. "U-uh, I'm sorry. I didn't know my mother was talking about me!"

The old man let out a high pitched chuckle as you frowned. "Ah, she did. She said that you were currently..." he looked at the other two men, who looked at him, seemingly confused. "Having trouble. I'd like to help, but my two men here are far more capable of that. Especially Knov, since you two are roughly the same age." he must have meant the man that had locked eyes with you and basically stared you down earlier.

Upon hearing his name, Knovs eyes returned to you, and this time, there was something else in his eyes.

The other guy hadn't spoken a word, until now. "I'm Morel, and very capable of helping you as well."

"Th-thank you, but what is there to help me with...?"

The one, supposedly Knov, answered. "You're having trouble finding a job, which is common with some people, especially the ones who seem to have mental illnesses, or social anxiety." his voice was soft, and his small smile/smirk didn't really help. He said that like you did have a mental illness. "It's alright, I assure you. Nothing to be embarrassed about."

You grit your teeth as you frown. "Er- are you implying that I have a mental illness or something?"

"Of course not. I would never be rude to a lady." his eyes glimmered a bit, but his smirk stayed as he leaned over the table it little.

"Your status must be really important to you, huh? Bringing a lady down like that." you leaned over the table as well, but still frowning.

Knov looked like he was going to say something, but Netero interrupted. "See? Already getting along. I can see you two being good friends. Isn't that right, Knov?" the said mans smile returned as he returned to his normal posture.

"Of course, Netero. Very good friends, I do hope." Knov gave Netero a closed eye smile and Morel laughed.

°~°~°~°~°~°~°