The Last Picture Show Part 2

"Why aren't you at the drive in? Even Archie isn't here tonight." Dad said to me as I scrolled through my tumblr feed and listened to music. "I know I don't exactly approve of Jughead but that never stopped you before."

"I don't know why you're so worried. Jughead works the drive in and I'm not usually allowed in the booth so I didn't have anyone to go with."

"Well what about Hermione's daughter Veronica? You two seem to get along pretty well." He said as he sat on the end of my bed.

"Ronnie is going with Kevin and the two of them have become best friends over the past few weeks so I would really be a third wheel." Pausing the music I pulled out the earbud.

"Why not just go on your own? You say how much you hate people anyway."

"Dad, I can hate people and watch movies from the comfort of my own bed so why do you want me out of the house so desperately?"

"Lately you've just been a little extra antisocial and any good parent would be concerned about their teenage daughter who won't even sneak out to see her friends." I thought about the messages between Betty and I. I was being blackmailed by the human equivalent of a daisy and somehow it was working. Before I could try and come up with an excuse for why I wasn't planning to leave my bed the doorbell rang.

My Dad got up and walked out of the room leaving me to run to my window and look down to see two people who should never be on our front porch. The Coopers. I heard the door open and a lot fo arguing from particularly Mrs. Cooper. Running downstairs in my pajama shorts and tee shirt I cut my father off. "You two need to stay away from my family. I can't stand your daughter but there hasn't been a single time I've come to you telling her to stay away from me. Betty and Archie had a long time where they were all the other had so until you realize that you'll never be able to control your own daughter, let alone my brother you can stay the hell away from all of us here at Casa de Andrews."

Slamming the door I wanted to scream. Betty was trying to get me to stay away from my own brother and her parents didn't even want her around him. "What was that all about?"

"Turns out I'll be going out after all. I'll text you later Dad." I ran upstairs and threw a flannel over my shirt and exchanged my pink shorts for a pair of denim ones. Pulling on black converse with it and grabbing my phone I ran back downstairs and straight out the door.

I dialed Veronica's number as soon as the door shut behind me. "Ronnie I need your help but you have to swear never to tell anyone about this."

"Alex what is going on?"

"Just meet me at the drive in. I'll see you in twenty."