Chapter 6

I decided to wear my black crop top that had flowers embroidered onto both sides of it along with my black skinny jeans and flat shoes with flowers on them from New Look.

I then did my makeup and put my hair up in a cute messy bun and placed my friendship bracelet that me and Candy each have on my wrist.

I decided that I looked pretty good and then grabbed a cropped black leather jacket out of my wardrobe to go over the outfit. When I was ready, I decided to ask Wade how late he thinks we will be working.

'Hey, how late do you think we'll be working till? x'

He responded almost immediately. 'I don't know, possibly 11, 12 x'

'Can I sleep over? x' I asked once I realized that the buses don't run that late.

'Sure x' He replied.

'Great, on my way in a minute x' I text him before grabbing everything i'd need for school tomorrow and putting it in my school bag and then neatly folding my uniform on top. Luckily it's just about summertime so a blazer isn't necessary and I could fit my skirt, tights and shirt inside. I figured that I could wear my flats to school, just for tomorrow.

I messaged my Mum saying that a friend from school and me are working on a project and that I might not be home tonight and she was fine with it.

I then placed in a pair of pink sweatpants and a white crop top to sleep in and decided that I was ready. I looked at the time and almost screamed, the bus would be here any minute.

I ran outside and locked the door quickly. I legged it to the bus stop and I just about made it. I got to the pub for half 4 and Wade was behind the bar when I walked in.

"Hey, thanks for coming." He said as he excused himself from behind the bar for a minute as he walked over to me.

"No problem, I wasn't doing anything anyway." I shrugged with a smile.

"Here, let me take your bag." He said as he took my school bag and placed it behind the bar. I followed him and shrugged off my jacket, placing it on top of my bag.

"So, I remember what you told me earlier but i'm sorry if I still need any help." I said as I stood by the glasses.

"No problem, we're not busy so i'll show you everything now." He said as he started showing me how everything works.

After he had shown me everything behind the bar, he showed me the list of food bookings for tonight. It all was good until I saw a certain name on the list.

"Evanson? As in Candy Evanson's family?" I asked.

"Shoot." He said as he looked at the list. "We can hide you from her?" he suggested. "I know you haven't told her about this and that you want to wait since i'm her ex and all." He said as he looked at me.

"Yeah but won't hiding be hard?" I asked.

"Nope, i'll check the cameras when they are due to come in, i'll show them to their table, she can't order behind the bar anyway. They'll stay in the dining room and i'll make sure our waiter has everything covered, along with a regular drinks check. That way, they won't need to come up here. When they leave, you can hide. I'll have them pay here while you aren't in sight. Then they will leave." He explained.

I smiled and threw my arms around him. "Thanks, your the best." I said as he put his arms around my waist.

We pulled apart and I looked up at him. "I'll tell her soon, don't worry."

"Take your time, I undersand." He said and I could tell by the look that he was giving me that he meant it. I nodded and smiled.

A nearby customer cleared his throat and Wade went to pour him a drink. Another needed serving so I got her what she wanted and did a mental happy dance at the fact that I had successfully served a customer by myself.