Finn Collins - "I wish I couldn't feel a damn thing."

You could barely breath when he wrapped his arms around you.

"May we meet again..." His voice was nothing but a soft whisper. A soft whisper and a promise. A promise that he would make it up to everyone, that he would pay the price for what he had done.

"Finn Collins..." Your voice was dry and every word hurt. "Don't tell me you're going to do what I think you're going to do..." You shook your head and you felt your chest moving up and down during the long moment of silence. "Don't leave me behind. Don't you dare to leave me behind!" You raised your voice and you grabbed his shirt, pulling him closer towards you. "I know that you did something horrible and I know that you feel incredibly guilty and I know that you think the Grounders are right for what they want to do with you, but..." You paused for a moment and swallowed. "What am I gonna do without you?"

"Live..." Finn placed his hands on your shoulders and he squeezed them a little. "You're gonna live. You're gonna enjoy this earth. You're gonna find someone else you can love. You're gonna do everything I couldn't do." He pressed his forehead to yours, but you couldn't fight the tears that were burning in your eyes.

They rolled down your cheeks, down your chin, down your neck, eventually disappearing into your shirt. "There has to be another way! There has to be another solution! There has to be something else we can do!" Panic was racing through your veins and you felt your heart beating in your chest like a maniac. You had been afraid before. You had been afraid when they had send you to the ground. You had been afraid when the Grounders had attacked. You had been afraid when you had woken up and those you cared about had been gone. But you had never been as afraid as right now.

"We tried everything we could." Finn used his thumb to wipe your tears away. "If I don't turn myself in, they might kill us all. I don't want anyone to be killed because of me and I for sure don't want you to be killed because of me."

"So, you're gonna let them kill you?" A scream escaped your lips and you felt your entire body trembling. "You can't do this to me, Finn!" You held your breath. "You can't do this to me..." Your voice softened and you stared at him, at how he had already accepted his fate. "Damn it, Finn!" You sighed. "I've never been in love before and I tried my best to not feel anything for you. Guess what? I failed. And I thought that was okay, because I thought that you loved me too and that maybe, maybe our love story wouldn't end like so many others." You paused for a moment to take a deep breath. "But right now? Right now I wish I couldn't feel a damn thing!"

"You don't mean that..." Finn spoke softly and he wrapped his arms around you to press you tightly to his chest. "What we had was amazing and wonderful." He closed his eyes and pressed a soft kiss on your lips. "When they'll kill me I will think of each and every moment we've shared." He kissed you again and again. "Those are the moments I'll always remember." He opened his eyes again and he stepped back. "But you? You have to make more of them. Fall in love again. Live. That's what I want. That's why I'm turning myself in." He kissed your forehead. "May we meet again."

Your eyes were red and swollen from crying, but you couldn't move. You could just stare at him. "May we meet again."