Finn Collins - "I need a place to stay"

You stared at his face, at his smile, at the lights dancing in his eyes. You had dreamed of him for years already. You had dreamed of him kissing you and touching you ever since you had encountered him briefly on the ark.

He had always been out of reach. He had been with Raven Reyes.

And you had ended up in one of the many cells, because you had tried to get some extra medication for your sick mother. You had actually thought that you would never see him again, that after a while Finn would be nothing but a sweet thought you were holding onto while counting the days until your eighteenth birthday.

But here he was. He was sitting next to you and he was smiling the most beautiful smile you had ever seen. "You do have to admit that earth is beautiful somehow." He took a bite of his food. He had already offered you half of it, telling you that you looked like you were starving, which was closer to the truth than you wanted to admit.

Yes, the ark had tried to keep you alive, because there was no fun in executing someone who was already dead of course, but no one had wasted more food than strictly needed on you or any of the others. You couldn't even blame them for it, no when you heard that there was a certain lack of oxygen and that maybe the ark would collapse much sooner than planned or possible.

"Maybe, romantic is an even better word for it." Finn moved a little closer towards you and after his last bite he placed a hand on your lower back. "I've heard you were locked up because you were trying to get your mother to feel better." He waited until you turned your face towards him and you nodded. "You did the right thing and they shouldn't have punished you for it."

You felt a certain kind of warmth spreading through your body and you hadn't even known how much you had needed to hear this, how much you had wanted to hear this, how important it was for you that at least someone thought that locking you up had not been the right thing to do. You didn't regret stealing the medication. You never would. If you would have known that even a crime that small would have led to being locked up for months, you still would have done it. "What did you do to end up here?" You weren't sure if you were talking about earth, about him being next to you or about him ending up in a cell, maybe even the one next to yours.

"I spilled oxygen on a space walk." He avoided your glance while he answered your question and absentmindedly his hand started to wander over your back. "If I had been over eighteen..." He didn't finish his sentence, but his hand froze on your back.

"Hey..." You tried to lighten the mood and the conversation a little. "Why do you stop moving your hand? I don't want you to stop." You placed a hand on his upper leg. You didn't know if he and Raven had broken up, but you decided that it was his responsibility and not yours. "I've been in love with you for years, actually."

"Really?" Finn smiled even brighter and he closed his eyes while he leaned in to press a soft kiss to your lips. "You're sweet." He started to move his hand again and you felt your cheeks blushing a little while you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"I don't know about you, but I need a place to stay tonight. Is there any spot left in your tent?" You took a risk, a leap of faith, but you knew that you'd regret it if you wouldn't.

"If there isn't a spot left, we'll share mine." Finn kissed you again and your heart hammered in your chest. "Caretaker." He teased you a little and you smiled back at him.

"Alright then, spacewalker."