26. Prisoners of War

Lavender

"Is this war, alpha?" Damien had waited long enough to get over his initial shock. The man went through every stage of grief right before my eyes, which were rolling to the heavens. Goddess help me or I would shoot him again for his stupidity.

"It doesn't have to be. Give me Liam Steins and the rogues and we can forget this ever happened." I almost pulled the trigger - almost.

"There are no rogues in this pack, and Liam Steins is a criminal." Alpha Xenia chuckled, walking along  the border but never crossing it. My gun moved with him, always steady.

"Lavender. There are five wolves on adjacent trees." A male voice filtered through my head, and I immediately looked to the surrounding tops. Sure enough, there they sat, guns to the ready.

"Wait for my call. Use the bullets wisely, only to aid our wolves fighting below. It will take several bullets to bring down a single wolf. Leave the alpha to me."

"You have chosen war then." Alpha Xenos had a bullet through his head mid shift, half of his border outside our territory and half of it in.

He sped forth anyway.

"Lavender Sinek!!!"

"Chill baby. Do we need him alive?"

"No. His mate is the red wolf coming at me-" I used six bullets on the Alpha's head before my mate could continue, he was preoccupied with the red wolf.

"We can use her for information." He continued, a hint of admiration passing through his face as the alpha fell.

I shot several wolves that were giving our own a little too much competition, and soon my gun was empty. Just as I was going in for a refill,
a medium sized wolf shifted to his skin, outside our borders. "YOU FIGHT WITH NO HONOR! This is unfair-" poor dude had four bullets raining down on him, and none of them were mine.

I jumped down, leather pants and all, with a newly loaded gun, and a nasty smirk on my face.

"Did any of you fight with honor when you murdered my family in cold blood?" I spat, seeing red. The alpha twitched from under me and I shot him again, draining his life away. I stared at the wolves who had paused, mid fight and snarled viciously.

My alpha blood danced with the spark, the energy of the kill. I dropped the gun.

"You want honor, bitches? Come at me." The red wolf was upon me in an instant, and although she was well trained and definitely much older than I, the grief of a dead mate was nearly impossible to favor her in any way.

She was blind in her anger, and I did nothing more than twist her neck - not enough to kill her - mid jump to immobilize her. Her body fell, a thud beside her mate.

I didn't have to wait for the next wolf, a sand colored male who tore at my shanks painfully. I snarled, and kicked it hard on the head which had it stealing like a kicked puppy. I went at it again, throwing it on the floor of the forest with sheer strength and was about to kick its ribs in when a new wolf was on my back.

I felt it's hot breath on my neck and felt my life flash before my eyes before it was pulled away from me, I knew I had Damien to thank for that as I proceeded to kick the sandy colored wolf's ribs in.

I turned around to see bullets raining down on the remaining wolves, which were trying hopelessly to fight back, but only to be killed or thrown unconscious.

I thought I would have felt satisfaction. Blood for blood, but I knew violence was never the answer to end violence.

"That's enough."

We carried the ones who were left as prisoners back into the pack.

-

"You're crazy if you think I'll tell you anything." She struggled against the chains again, eyes wild, wolf on surface. She was close to going rogue.

Damien pulled out something that looked crazy similar to a whip, his eyes darkening as he entered her cell. "Don't test me, Tatiana." She snarled, fangs and all, and snapped at Damien relentlessly.

He barely grunge before pulling the whip out of it's leather casing. I cringed just staring at it.

"No. Please. I'll tell you." We all glanced at Liam, who had desperation coating his voice as he stared at Tatiana.

"And why would we believe you?" Damien's voice was ice as the whip looked  almost as if it couldn't wait to meet skin. His hand twitched, taking the whip with it as he went.

"Because I love-" Tatiana snarled, pulling herself toward Liam and almost losing an arm in the process.

Damien and I glanced at each other.

"This could be a ploy to get us to believe them."

"Or he could really be in love with her."

"To be honest, that does sound like Liam. Although I haven't known him long." Leo stumbled in, giving us both a wide grin when we glared at him.

"Go ahead then."

"We didn't kill the Sinek pack for land, nor was it a minor disagreement that went too far." Tatiana was snarling and snapping at Liam, the silver chains around her limbs straining at her movements.

She was a woman gone feral.

"They had something precious." And right at that moment, two things happened. One of the chains holding Tatiana's arm snapped, giving her momentary freedom which she immediately used to attack Damien who had no time to react, and Andrea came rushing downstairs telling us Kathleen Xenos was at the border, though minus an army.

I shot Tatiana more than a healthy amount of times to make sure she collapsed on the floor, ignoring Liam's cries as Damien stumbled out looking dazed and several other wolves rushed in to put in more chains.

The gun and I had become one.

I took Damien's arm in mine, and was satisfied to see she hadn't got much of him - it would heal by midnight.

"Kathleen Xenos is their daughter, isn't she?" Maddox asked quietly as we readied ourselves to go and meet the second visitor of the day.

Running through the woods, I noted that Leo
looked a little out of it, and although the terrifying thought entered my mind, I pushed it  back. It was bad enough I had to get one, would he too?

Please don't forget to vote and Comment ❤️